Article: "Apple Fans Are Clueless About Security, Hacker Says"

This article brought to you by Microsoft :bsmilie::bsmilie:

where is the guy who just the other day told me that mac was good because it was immune to pc virus?

it is good to be a cat then, you are immune to AIDS. :bsmilie: never mind that cat have their own set of diseases.

There are people who think its cool to love Apple, and there are those who think its cool to hate Apple.

i think it's cool to hate apple. :thumbsup::bsmilie:

Or do you hate people who think its cool to love apple? ;)

[vid]YC2Q3FdpX6I[/vid]

Last edited:
Or do you hate people who think its cool to love apple? ;)

ok,

i think it's cool to hate apple,

AND

i hate people who think it's cool to love apple.

the ones who know what they want, i have no problem with them. for example, if you say that you like apple because they pay attention to packaging, aesthetics, that's fair. if you say that mac os layout is something you prefer to windows, that's also fair.

the ones who go on and on about how mac security is da bomb, or how mac computers are somehow better than pc.... those are the ones i have fun ka cheowing. :bsmilie::bsmilie:

I could also legitimately say that:

Canon is better than Nikon, according to one expert.

Nikon is better than Leica, according to one expert.

Leica is better than Holda, according to more than one expert.

And so on and so forth.

Doesn't make any of the above true, necessarily, or wrong.

PC and mac have their own set of virus. PC's set looks more prominent since it is more widely used. That's all there's to it.

Here we go again. The endless debate on Mac and windows. LOL

There aren't any (as in zero) Mac OS X viruses. There are several pieces of malware available, but they're not able to work by themselves.

Most Mac users are really stupid about security, though, but just about the same percentage as Windows users. In the past three years, even more Mac users are stupid about security since a lot of newer Mac users came from Windows.

The biggest problem is that some users will click on anything and there is a trojan horse attack for every system, especially after you tell them not to do it.

How many people are still running Internet Explorer 6? You might as well write down your personal information and hand it to everyone you see because some people would refuse to take the paper and you'd be safer than using IE 6.

One security expert stated that:
"Mac is like living in the country side with no lock, and Windows would be living in the bad part of town with barred windows".

Who cares? What ever gets the job done.

Malware for Ipad is already out...

http://www.techday.co.nz/macguide/news/ipad-virus-warning-issued/16227/

"Dangerous malware is being spread through a malicious link asking iPad users to update their iTunes software.

BitDefender says the link is a front for “Backdoor.Bifrose.AADY”, which it calls a malicious piece of code that injects itself into the explorer.exe process whilst opening up a backdoor for unauthorised access to the system."

Malware for Ipad is already out...

http://www.techday.co.nz/macguide/news/ipad-virus-warning-issued/16227/

"Dangerous malware is being spread through a malicious link asking iPad users to update their iTunes software.

BitDefender says the link is a front for “Backdoor.Bifrose.AADY”, which it calls a malicious piece of code that injects itself into the explorer.exe process whilst opening up a backdoor for unauthorised access to the system."

That's Malware for Windows that targets iPad users who they hope don't know how things work.

I'm happy that iPAD is here, no I'm not a APPLE crazed fan, I just find the device very useful (good for long journey reading with out carrying a library along), hopefully I can subsribe to a long list of magazines that I've been holding back on...

Having said that....., I'm a LOT happier that the competition is stepping up with theirs as well... now we'll have PLENTY of selection / design / specs to choose from! THANK YOU APPLE!!! I LOVE YOU!!! :love1:

Kakakakaka! :bsmilie::bsmilie: