Art or Crap, you decide...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasphotography

Jul 28, 2002
Singapore
The blur wasn't intentional but "something" had happened to have caused the swirling effect. Pictorically, it wasn't manipulated but the colour (orange) was.

doors.jpg

so, you are implying yours is art and mine is crap??? :cry:

actually, you know what? I was so carried away with my colour editing for this picture that I gave the colours more punch by increasing the contrast and by deepening the orange.

Then, I took a step backward and decided to give it a more subtle effect.

Yours was nice in a certain way - the contrast and grain, yes... but I still think you overcooked my red and orange doors.

Any digi-master wants to try to give this pic a good make over???

Very nice try, SniperD!!! :thumbsup:

hahaha... you mistaken my intention lah..

Art or Crap is so subjective.. you can do a repackaging and viola! you get something good..

I chose to boost the contrast of this shot to bring a certain moodiness as well as to emphasize the ghostly lines that you have captured (they are very nice effect I must say)

the rest are enhancers... :)

basically I like the visual effect that you shot this thru some light rays but yet seems like a double exposure coz the background's ghostly... s

sometimes a mistake can turn out beautiful :)

ok ok, I challenge you now with this:

doors_enhanced.jpg

I also put in a black border to be fair :D

Definitely art. With the subtlest hints of surrealism and cubism, the playful wash of diagonal light rays are regimented by the straight architectural lines amidst the backdrop of muted pastels. The viewer is invited to traverse the picture to either the door or the window, depending on the subliminal pull of the psyche. In a subsequent re-interpretation of the picture, cubism gradually gives way to impressionism, in direct proportion to the proliferation of the uniform dots that make up the image. A serendipitious and creative piece. :thumbsup:

it's arty art. :)

zaren said:
Definitely art. With the subtlest hints of surrealism and cubism, the playful wash of diagonal light rays are regimented by the straight architectural lines amidst the backdrop of muted pastels. The viewer is invited to traverse the picture to either the door or the window, depending on the subliminal pull of the psyche. In a subsequent re-interpretation of the picture, cubism gradually gives way to impressionism, in direct proportion to the proliferation of the uniform dots that make up the image. A serendipitious and creative piece. :thumbsup:

chim... but thanks. Very interpretative :what:

If you look closely, you can see a ghost image of the cyan door falling off, just beside that red door. How that happened I don't really know or how to explain. All I am aware was between me and those doors, cars with glaring head lights were whizzing pass...

Cannot resist giving it a poster look: :D

doors_frame.jpg

jasphotography said:
chim... but thanks. Very interpretative :what:

If you look closely, you can see a ghost image of the cyan door falling off, just beside that red door. How that happened I don't really know or how to explain. All I am aware was between me and those doors, cars with glaring head lights were whizzing pass...

Cannot resist giving it a poster look: :D

doors_frame.jpg

ohhh.. win liao!!! :bsmilie:

SniperD said:
ohhh.. win liao!!! :bsmilie:

of course! I jolly well know more than just putting a simple black border... don't play play!!! ;p

heh..
can we now say that it's the border that makes the art?

Status
Not open for further replies.