Arsenal FC are the FA Cup Champs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Goi

ClubSNAP Idol
Staff member
Finally! We get to end the season with an important silverware! ;) Let's hope we'll do better next season!

Man U played better with more possession in the game so Arsenal (IMHO) are very lucky to wrestle the trophy from them ...

hope both arsenal and man utd will give chelsea stiffer competition next season.this season both teams have been comprehensively overshadowed by chelsea..to the extent i was thinking of cancelling my scv subscription..

argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY MAN UTD LOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sigh...

btw i am a red.... (no devil)

Aresenal's game plan seems to be holding out for draw from the 1st whistle...they must have been praticing hard for penalties all the way. Look at the way they play during the 1st 120mins, and the confidence they had during penalty shootout.

kenshinz said:
Aresenal's game plan seems to be holding out for draw from the 1st whistle...they must have been praticing hard for penalties all the way. Look at the way they play during the 1st 120mins, and the confidence they had during penalty shootout.
argh!!!!!!!!!!!

I don care who win or lose .. as long as I win $ can liao ..
:bsmilie:

but still I am a :devil: supporter ..

Man Utd was certainly the better side just now but still Arsenal wins. :(
Its just like the Champions League semi-final between AC Milan and PSV.

The expressions on the faces of Alex Ferguson and Roy Keane at the end of the match were priceless. :bsmilie:

It's hard to understand how Arsenal will get anywhere with a crappy team like theirs for the forseeable future. They absolutely need to buy much better players than they have now.

Their defence is terrible, they have no penetration or ideas up front at all when Henry doesn't play (not just in this game either), Bergkamp *really* needs to go (only usable against weak teams), Pires is past his use-by-date, Viera should be traded when they can still squeeze some money from his transfer (the guy has no more inspiration to provide), Lehman should be replaced - he's a clown of a goalkeeper, sell off Ashley Cole because he's far far overrated (that shorty Korean fullback, Lee, from PSV for instance is much better IMHO). Maybe they should trade Cole for Gallas and lots of top-up money with Chelsea since the latter thinks so highly of him. IMO, Gallas playing out of position as a fullback is a much better fullback than Ashley Cole, and at least Gallas knows how to tackle ;-) FWIW, they really shouldn't have sold that Ray Parlour (doesn't the guy work cheap anyway?) because every now and then, they need his kind of fight-for-every-ball lung bursting work rate.

Hell, I am a fan of neither team but it's obvious that Man U, despite their crappy recent form is still a much more potent football force than Arsenal. It's going to be fun to watch Arsenal screw up in the Champions League again next season. They just don't have the substance, when push comes to shove.

As a non-partisan observer of English soccer, and as much as I hate to say it, I think Chelsea is the only team in the EPL that has the all-round game to take on any team from any continent. :rolleyes: They are miles better than Arsenal, and some distance ahead of Man U.

As much as I felt Lehman was a dodgy keeper in the past, I must say he did very well in the match...in fact he saved Arsenal's butt more than a few times with his reflex saves.

sianz..why Man-U didnt win. ;p

Hi.

Well I agree that Arsenal were second best during the final and in a sense, it's 'murder' for Arsenal to walk away as FA Cup Champs ... well that's football.

However to say Arsenal have a 'crappy team' which has no future based on the certain games which they played poorly this season, IMO it's also 'murder' ...

kahheng said:
The expressions on the faces of Alex Ferguson and Roy Keane at the end of the match were priceless. :bsmilie:

It's hard to understand how Arsenal will get anywhere with a crappy team like theirs for the forseeable future. They absolutely need to buy much better players than they have now.

Their defence is terrible, they have no penetration or ideas up front at all when Henry doesn't play (not just in this game either), Bergkamp *really* needs to go (only usable against weak teams), Pires is past his use-by-date, Viera should be traded when they can still squeeze some money from his transfer (the guy has no more inspiration to provide), Lehman should be replaced - he's a clown of a goalkeeper, sell off Ashley Cole because he's far far overrated (that shorty Korean fullback, Lee, from PSV for instance is much better IMHO). Maybe they should trade Cole for Gallas and lots of top-up money with Chelsea since the latter thinks so highly of him. IMO, Gallas playing out of position as a fullback is a much better fullback than Ashley Cole, and at least Gallas knows how to tackle ;-) FWIW, they really shouldn't have sold that Ray Parlour (doesn't the guy work cheap anyway?) because every now and then, they need his kind of fight-for-every-ball lung bursting work rate.

Hell, I am a fan of neither team but it's obvious that Man U, despite their crappy recent form is still a much more potent football force than Arsenal. It's going to be fun to watch Arsenal screw up in the Champions League again next season. They just don't have the substance, when push comes to shove.

As a non-partisan observer of English soccer, and as much as I hate to say it, I think Chelsea is the only team in the EPL that has the all-round game to take on any team from any continent. :rolleyes: They are miles better than Arsenal, and some distance ahead of Man U.

Adam Goi said:
Hi.

Well I agree that Arsenal were second best during the final and in a sense, it's 'murder' for Arsenal to walk away as FA Cup Champs ... well that's football.

However to say Arsenal have a 'crappy team' which has no future based on the certain games which they played poorly this season, IMO it's also 'murder' ...
Don't worry about it, that's kahheng's usual hardcore stance...... ;p

SIGGGGGHHHHHHH......

i must be the saddest person in the world right now..

United played well and had the lion's share of possesion and chances, but they just couldn't convert those chances.

and even though it appeared as if Arse played for a draw, i won't take away credit from them. a win is still a win. and to win against the odds as they faced, still requires skill.

trying replacing them with our national team and ask them to play for a draw in that situation.

:thumbsup: to arsenal for their victory. till the next season and more good football ahead.

novello76 said:
hope both arsenal and man utd will give chelsea stiffer competition next season.this season both teams have been comprehensively overshadowed by chelsea..to the extent i was thinking of cancelling my scv subscription..

hah? like dat already think of cancelling subscription ah? keep watching for the love of soccer man! :D

Adam Goi said:
Hi.

Hahahaha, "murder" is when death actually occurs. I just call it as I see it.

I didn't say Arsenal have no future, period. They need to change things and bring in new blood if they are to get out of their malaise.

It *is* based on certain games played (not just this season mind you), because it's when push comes to shove in these games against really strong teams that you can actually see whether a team has the ability or not.

The thing is, the first three teams in the EPL are so far ahead of the rest of the pack, that their beating any team out of the top three consistently is frankly no big deal - it's a wealth and thence, talent gap that can never be made up for by the lower teams through grit. [It's something wrong if they don't consistently beat the lesser teams.]

kahheng said:

absolute utter nonsense

Arsenal's defence is back to its stingy best. Look at the amount of clean sheets they have been keeping. Also look at the number of goals they have scored the past few games WITHOUT henry.

Lehmann is not a clown, he is a monster stopper.

Ashley cole is the best left back in the world

Bergkamp was isolated upfront and could not do much. Want to see what he can do, go watch Arsenal-Everton 7-0

Pires is still the best left sided midfielder in the country. His scored more goals than any of Man utd's strikers this season. he is the 3rd top scorer in the EPL. Shows the PATHETIC strikeforce Man utd has.

Arsenal has the best attack in the league and does not lose to teams like Portsmouth, Norwich, Westbrom, and Chelsea's 2nd string team with nothing to play for while Man utd had everything to play for.

Man utd has no more pride left in them. They even formed a line to welcome the new champions. Thats pathetic :thumbsd: :thumbsd:

NVM, they will be the new chelsea of next season if Glazier really does give them 100 million pounds to spend.

Looks like it will only be arsenal who once against spends 10 times lesser than everyone else, who will be leading the pack again.

i agree with what you said except for this.

FLiNcHY said:
Man utd has no more pride left in them. They even formed a line to welcome the new champions. Thats pathetic :thumbsd: :thumbsd:

personally i think its a very nice gesture on their part. liverpool did that once when arsenal won the double. its nothing to do with pride. its to do with respect for your opponents. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.