Arsenal.....could this be the year?

ManWearPants

Jul 14, 2008
Singapore
I am sure there is space for the much tormented Arsenal FC fans here. So please show yourself.

We have the longest serving manager in Arsene Wenger now that SAF has retired.
We are top of the League on 20th Jan 2014.
We have one of the best player in the world in Mesut Ozil -"Why do I want to subdue the world if I can enchant it."
We have played the most beautiful football in the EPL.
We have maintained all star players in the summer transfer window.

Is this the year when Arsenal finally show its title winning credential by winning the league? Is this the year that Arsenal is no longer a seeding club? Is this the year that Arsenal will buy only the best World class players?

Let us all cheer for Arsenal.

They are a good team. I like the manager and how he train new young players. Despite not spending much, they maintain their position for so many years. Keep it up. Hope they win something this year.

Since Stapelton and then Ian Wright ..... I've been a closet Gunner

Embarrassed to say that I am not a Gooner yet during George Graham's time in charge. They were playing a physical game with Tony Adams and Martin Keown out muscle and bringing down every known striker. They are also not particularly attractive as they are playing the long balls.

But that change with Arsene Wenger taking over. Of course we all know about the Patrick Viera, Emmanuel Petit, Dennis Bergkamp era when they started to have more French flaire. So I am a Gooner after Arsene Wenger took over.

I am sure there is space for the much tormented Arsenal FC fans here. So please show yourself.

We have the longest serving manager in Arsene Wenger now that SAF has retired.
We are top of the League on 20th Jan 2014.
We have one of the best player in the world in Mesut Ozil -"Why do I want to subdue the world if I can enchant it."
We have played the most beautiful football in the EPL.
We have maintained all star players in the summer transfer window.

Is this the year when Arsenal finally show its title winning credential by winning the league? Is this the year that Arsenal is no longer a seeding club? Is this the year that Arsenal will buy only the best World class players?

Let us all cheer for Arsenal.

I've been an Arsenal fan since 1997, I'm sure every Gunner has gone thru the joys of winning the Double and the Invincible season, as well as the agony of going trophyless for the last few season.
This current team definitely is Arsenal's beat since the days of Henry, Vieira, Bergkamp, Pires. We have the best midfield and defense this season but it is our lack of a prolific striker partnership up front that I think will cost us. Giroud is not like Saurez who can convert a goal with 2 or 3 chances, Poldolski just returned from a lengthy injury and I think his still not quite match fit.
As much as I hate to say but I'm not confident this is going to be Arsenal's season. I personally think Man City with their depth in squad could be the team to win the league come May. Hope I'm wrong but that's how I see it.
At least Man United is languishing in mid table for a change :)

there's used to be a arsenal thread…. but seldom got ppl response there… i remember adam goi is a fans there.

I've been an Arsenal fan since 1997, I'm sure every Gunner has gone thru the joys of winning the Double and the Invincible season, as well as the agony of going trophyless for the last few season.
As much as I hate to say but I'm not confident this is going to be Arsenal's season. I personally think Man City with their depth in squad could be the team to win the league come May. Hope I'm wrong but that's how I see it.

That may all change if they can get a good striker in the current transfer windows. Names have been thrown up but they all don't look possible. So I wonder who will Arsene reveal this time.

Morata - I don't think Real Madrid will release him on the basis that Ozil did so well for Arsenal.
Diego Costa - Atletico will not let him leave while they are fighting for the league title.
Mandzukic - Bayern Munich will not let him leave before Lewandoski arrives
Draxal - looks like this may be the one. But he is not a forward like Giroud. More like playing behind strikers.

there's used to be a arsenal thread…. but seldom got ppl response there… i remember adam goi is a fans there.

nevermind. The last few years have been painful. We need a fresh start.

Last edited:
ARSENAL all the way!!
One of the most consistent in EPL.

I am wondering why Man United did not sign Wesley Sneijder who would have made a huge contribution in midfield, given that they signed Juan Mata for close to 40 million. Maybe Moyes is looking to replace Rooney.