Arrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

kruger

Dec 2, 2005
Tampines
Well, it's been a long time since I had started a thread in this section. I was walking around capturing images to enjoy the feeling of getting my camera back on my hands after 2 weeks. I happened to see this before me and captured it for an abstract. The natural wooden frame, the broken piece plank that resembles an arrow and the greenery around gave it the contrast and soothing feel to the eyes. So does it gives you, the viewer, the same feel when I captured it or is there something else that I missed? Thank you for your honest opinions.

DSC_0056.jpg

i do not know abt the others, but the framing does not work for me. Its too heavy for my eyes and makes me dizzy. I would rahter have the greens and the tree trunk OOF then the foreground oof. AS for the wooden plank like an arrow i really cannot see it as well...

Too heavy, hmmm, ok. I don't think I could make the column and grass out of view. Thanks for your comments.

Hi Kruger,

I agree that the frame is too fanciful and thus distracting. However, if you have a strong subject of interest to sustain the viewer, it's fine. Regrettably, it is not the case here. I do not find a cut wooden plank very interesting. Try doing similar shots using human subjects, such as a couple walking along a park or a child playing with his sibling(s). It should work better.

Thanks, the subject didn't stand out much therefore isn't able to hold the viewers' attention. The background distracts the viewer. I will work on further on my pictures. Thank you all once again.

Unable to relate to your title.

Status
Not open for further replies.