arrogant model(s) at comex?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murcielago

Mar 14, 2005
i saw 2 models representing a certain audio company walking out of their resting area and wanted to ask if i could take pictures of them but it was too crowded to approach them plus i saw them too late(they were just left of me and i didnt like approaching ppl right in front of them) so i continued walking. i was wondering if they saw me with a cam in hand but not asking for a picture.

true enough, when i saw them later in a more open space, i approached them again and 1 of them just laughed and said " can i say NO ?"

not wanting to make a scene and be called ungentlemently, i just laughed and said OK while that lady just walked off. her colleague didnt move and was holding her back and requested her to just take a picture.

then i approached another model representing the same company who was alone distributing flyers near the doors. she obliged but her tone of voice and facial expression was less didnt seem to agree with waht she said.

on the other hand, nikon, samsung and panasonic models tend to be more friendly and readily posed with a nice smile plus some of them even replied thank you or welcome with a smile.

What is so arrogant about that? They have the right not to let you take their photos. I don't see anything wrong with that.

You mean they MUST obliged if you ask?

it pretty common, some do not wish to have their photos end up in websites like sggirls.com and others websites alike. i think its ok for them to reject anyone. :) bring a 70-200 f/2.8 and shoot from far lo, if you insist. :)

it's their tone of voice that i was unhappy about.

it's fine to say no or decline. it's perfectly fine.

yeah,they actually have the right not to be photographed.

Never mind lah,move on lor.They are not the only models around.Take it easy.

be glad they say "no" and not just walk off.

now that what I call arrogant......

And I dun think their 1st priority is to let people take pic.

They are there to promote the company, not as a photography model. Besides they are for an audio company, not a photographic equipment company. Most models I have met at the shows are friendly. You prob took it the wrong way.

I didnt the scene so I am guessing on what you described. Totally personal opinion.

With the right timing, I think you can get more shots of them. Relax. Cheers!

hmm she was close to being this.
walking off after she said those words.

maybe i am taking it wrongly but those the tone and body language is unmistakeable. her colleague contrasted her actions.

well, at least not all the models there are like this.

Eeee think maybe you too sensitive to it. Take a chill pill. :)

i guess u gotta know what is their job scope. they are there to promote items. not juz because they are so called "models" they will have to pose for u. they have the rights to turn u away.

they are not arrogant btw. and its a IT show. where models are employed to attract pple. not entertain photographers. so why nt go there enjoy the show

Murcielago said:
it's their tone of voice that i was unhappy about.

it's fine to say no or decline. it's perfectly fine.

hey...if you get approached by HUNDREDS of insurance agents on the streets a day, will you still be nice and decline in a nice tone?

cosycatus said:
hey...if you get approached by HUNDREDS of insurance agents on the streets a day, will you still be nice and decline in a nice tone?
Even if I were to be approached by 50 or more flag-sellers in a day, I'd still smile and turn them down

Just came back from Comex. What I believe is those you mention may not be from model agency. Maybe they are just pretty where the company hired them just for the PC show and not hire from any model agency. As for Nikon and some other company, they may hired the models from agency.

+evenstar said:
Even if I were to be approached by 50 or more flag-sellers in a day, I'd still smile and turn them down

flag sellers are for charity. i too will smile back and say no. but others.... i think i will jus say no thanks and walk away.

i guess its a totally different senario we are dealing here..

You said, "Can I take a picture of you??"

She said, "Can I say No?":bheart:

You said, "Hahahahhaa! Ok."

And she walked off.....:kiss:

Of course she walked off.... you agreed its ok for her to say No to you what....
What else do you expect.... sit down and lim kopi with you??
:bsmilie:

Hahahaha! Just kidding! Chill out... lots of others for you to shoot....

Kenji said:
Just came back from Comex. What I believe is those you mention may not be from model agency. Maybe they are just pretty where the company hired them just for the PC show and not hire from any model agency. As for Nikon and some other company, they may hired the models from agency.

Nikon girls are not from modelling agency. They are freelance models.

Murcielago said:
i just laughed and said OK

since you laugh it off already, why still come here and complain? lol
:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.