arrogant model(s) at comex?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take it easy bro... I dun see any issue here...

Pple have bad days, tired days.. They r not paid to serve u special requests. Sure everyone wants good service and favours reciprovated but that's an assumption.

They may be pretty but who knows wat they r paid? And photography is not a passion shared by everybody. Some view unsolicited photographers as pests.

If they oblige one guy, what if more comes (ah peks included) given the mad crowds? They must oblige everyone?

Anyway, given the terrible things that can happen on the Net, how do they know what u will do with their pics?

Drudkh said:
it pretty common, some do not wish to have their photos end up in websites like sggirls.com and others websites alike. i think its ok for them to reject anyone. :) bring a 70-200 f/2.8 and shoot from far lo, if you insist. :)

hahaha :bsmilie: :kok:

Murcielago said:
it's nvr abt the pictures/photos nor waht togu has in mind abt my talking to girls which i wonder has anything to do with this,

hmm i think i;ve refused before, cant really remember. but i dont really care whether they reject or not, if i was that bothered abt it, i would have mounted S3pros at every possible exit and entry points for suntec and snap at every woman.

honestly, i think some replies here seen to be barbed

If u were not bothered by it, you won't post this to begin with right.

Do u have that many S3 Pros? U are being defensive here!

Admit to your grievances and move on... No offence, juz what i think.

U wanted to snap the modesl cos u thot they were pretty? Maybe that's where the offence came... Unless they are in some car model shows etc where they do posing ... I interpret your experience to be almost like when u see some beautiful stranger lady on the street and then u approach her to have a pic taken!

U are lucky they didn't tell u off that their job is to juz distrbute flyers! Or call u "pervert chao ah pek"! It's just a + point the company decided to use pretty models. Doesn't mean they are there for over enthusiatic photographers to snap away at them!

xxxger said:
They go there work ..... not go there let you take pic lor .... :kiss: they dun want, angry what ? :lovegrin:

Can imagine this ...

A : I am a Professional Photographer ( but maybe just small pian-jia using a D70) , can i take some pic of you?
B : ok lor
So B is so unwilling let A took her photo ...
A : (Took out a pocket PC) can i have your contacts? or email or whatever .... so that i can email you the pic, or ask you out to be my model, cos i have studio ....

WOW KAO! This is what i saw at Commex .... haha :bigeyes:

At the end, the photo 'MIGHT' appear here at <Portraits and Poses> .... and everyone start commenting, ... wow! pretty ... wow, nose bleeding liao .... wow! tonight how to sleep ?

Paiseh ... this is a 2 cents of a cat .... :heart:

agree with u totally. esp first sentence :thumbsup:

Pro Image said:
Amanda one of the models from Nikon even asked me, where's your camera lei? Haha.....:bsmilie:

Guys if you want to shoot, go to Nikon Booth lor........the DARKSIDE always have georgous girls! Wahaha.......

Now, thats one good reason to buy Nikon. :bsmilie:

xxxger said:
They go there work ..... not go there let you take pic lor .... :kiss: they dun want, angry what ? :lovegrin:

Can imagine this ...

A : I am a Professional Photographer ( but maybe just small pian-jia using a D70) , can i take some pic of you?
B : ok lor
So B is so unwilling let A took her photo ...
A : (Took out a pocket PC) can i have your contacts? or email or whatever .... so that i can email you the pic, or ask you out to be my model, cos i have studio ....

WOW KAO! This is what i saw at Commex .... haha :bigeyes:

At the end, the photo 'MIGHT' appear here at <Portraits and Poses> .... and everyone start commenting, ... wow! pretty ... wow, nose bleeding liao .... wow! tonight how to sleep ?

Paiseh ... this is a 2 cents of a cat .... :heart:

Gd point made. Totally agreed with you. Maybe the person A is somewhere here in CS. :bsmilie:

Murcielago said:
i saw 2 models representing a certain audio company walking out of their resting area and wanted to ask if i could take pictures of them but it was too crowded to approach them plus i saw them too late(they were just left of me and i didnt like approaching ppl right in front of them) so i continued walking. i was wondering if they saw me with a cam in hand but not asking for a picture.

true enough, when i saw them later in a more open space, i approached them again and 1 of them just laughed and said " can i say NO ?"

not wanting to make a scene and be called ungentlemently, i just laughed and said OK while that lady just walked off. her colleague didnt move and was holding her back and requested her to just take a picture.

then i approached another model representing the same company who was alone distributing flyers near the doors. she obliged but her tone of voice and facial expression was less didnt seem to agree with waht she said.

on the other hand, nikon, samsung and panasonic models tend to be more friendly and readily posed with a nice smile plus some of them even replied thank you or welcome with a smile.
Personally, I think you are just one of those who take advantage of such an event as Comex to take snapshots of girls who are being paid to promote the exhibitor's products. The exhibitors have to pay much more to have a booth at the show than what you would have to pay for an organised photoshoot. What would they gain if they let their promoters waste their time on opportunists like you? Furthermore, your post seems to suggest that promoters ought to be obliging and force out a smile for you. I don't know if this has occurred to anyone else, but it seems you are the one who comes across as arrogant. Your camera in hand does not give you the license to shoot anything you fancy. Lastly, these promoters are human, not mannequins. They deserve some respect too.:nono:

hmmm.... Thread created maybe to warn others not to anyhow shoot models or maybe to win some sympathy.... end result... get reprimanded... hmmmmm :think: Wonder will this thread kena lock a not..... I better add 1 before any fighting starts.... :bsmilie:

But still, the thread starter has yet to clarify why he HAS to get pictures of the lady/ladies.

Why? :dunno:

Murcielago said:
it's their tone of voice that i was unhappy about.

it's fine to say no or decline. it's perfectly fine.

its their photo you are taking and they are not obligated. dont see why you should be unhappy. even if they do decide to tell you off, think they did nothing wrong

sehsuan said:
But still, the thread starter has yet to clarify why he HAS to get pictures of the lady/ladies.

He did not realize who is the arrogant one? The model or the photographer?

sometime i jus pity the girls..

paid to wear so little.. :lovegrin:

got to stand there and give out papers..

hehe.. got good and bad...

Astin said:
He did not realize who is the arrogant one? The model or the photographer?

I wud said we take things for granted and sigh .. we did not see the other side of views ?? :confused:

Put urselves in their shoes. Alternatively, take photos of them, but don't post it up.

They are promoters, not image models of race cars. Totally different from ur regular RQs.

BTW, I think I saw Fion in one of those photos? :think:

Physical-Graffiti said:
hahaha :bsmilie: :kok:
am i wrong? :(
the most when she walks towards you, just run forest run! :bsmilie:

sehsuan said:

My guess.

He just wants photos of pretty girls? :think:

I guess that's pretty much it. U want pretty girls photo, buy FHM or go and do some street shooting

sehsuan said:
funny. isn't this a petty issue? you won't die if you CAN'T get their shots. why would you want their shots, anyway?

:bsmilie: :thumbsup: I cannot understand why there's a need to take photos of gals at such events :dunno:

gundugundu said:
:bsmilie: :thumbsup: I cannot understand why there's a need to take photos of gals at such events :dunno:
horny? :think:

Murcielago said:
it's nvr abt the pictures/photos nor waht togu has in mind abt my talking to girls which i wonder has anything to do with this
I think he might be referring to this
I think you need to improve your communication skills as well.. Have you thought that it might be the way you presented yourself to them that might have triggered the reaction? Why is it always the other parties that are showing you the attitude?

I was at commex last night after work. I just went up to the models, smiled at them.. pointed to my camera and smiled at them and 'asked' them with a nod of my head... Even with a black-long-and-tired face, they will still smile and shyly wave back a frantic "no".

No words involved. I was there at about 8:30pm. Where the models would be very tired after a long day. Yet all of them rejected me with smiles becasue I smiled at them first?

I left commex with no shots of pretty girls/models but I dun have the feelig of arrogant models.

Status
Not open for further replies.