Around Katong (Azure's AG32 outing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

behyx

Jun 15, 2002
SG
It was my very first Clubsnap outing, and it left a very deep impression in both my heart and mind.. Was really fun and Barnie (Azure) being a very good organiser, he brought the whole lot of us around katong exploring the old buildings and get to know the place much better..

These are my picks!....

*note: the rest of the photos are here: http://www.pbase.com/behyx01/katong&page=all

medium.jpg

Pray

medium.jpg

Between

medium.jpg

Hindu Temple

medium.jpg

Figure

medium.jpg

Delicious

medium.jpg

abandon measuring bowl

medium.jpg

Loo

**** Please give me any comments or critiques****

Hi behyx,

the Loo photo is very impressive.. care to share how you meter and etcs?
thanks

nebula said:
Hi behyx,

the Loo photo is very impressive.. care to share how you meter and etcs?
thanks

actually this picture is more of a photoshop work.. because it's shot in color, and i switch it to LAB mode, choose 'lightness', and convert to B/W. then i use curve to enhance the contrast.

but if you want to create such a shot, you can do a spot/partial/center-weighted metering at the water tank, then shoot. to be safe, do bracketing.

the reason why i don't suggest you take meter from the window is because at your position, the window will give a stronger light than the reflected light from the water tank.

get it?

one of the rare times a toilet looks good :thumbsup: :)

clive said:
one of the rare times a toilet looks good :thumbsup: :)

Thank you.

Felt it's really 'dirty' and 'unhygenic' to view the toilet picture before the delicious food picture.. so i shifted the food up.. :p

wah.. nice series... will be sharing my photos once I done with the editing.

Like the last one and the ... yah.. the Loo :D, last one very bali

jimtong said:
wah.. nice series... will be sharing my photos once I done with the editing.

Like the last one and the ... yah.. the Loo :D, last one very bali

Thanks Jimmy!

Hope to see yours up soon! :)

Very Nice shots... The Abandon measuring Device... looks like an aluminium rice cooker...

Thanks Barnie and Ron for your comments! :)

Nice series behyx :thumbsup:

I'm wondering though, how come the numbers on the measuring cup is a mirror image?? :think:

Brandon said:
Nice series behyx :thumbsup:

I'm wondering though, how come the numbers on the measuring cup is a mirror image?? :think:

because the numbers are protruding, not printed. this way, from the inside of the bowl, you'll have a clear view of how much stuff you have poured in.

:)

Bluestrike said:
I notice that most of your pic are a litle soft. Can anyone check it out?

what do you mean by soft? focus or color? if you are talking about the focus, it might be the heavy compression.. ;P

copper said:
Like the 'Between'! The color and compo is nice

Thanks for your comments! Waiting to see yours! :)

Like the measuring bowl and the Loo, especially the Loo, nice mood there. :) :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.