arnd Fullerton from Raffles MRT EXIT H


Status
Not open for further replies.

Francis247

Moderator
Staff member
Jul 10, 2005
6,627
0
36
Hougang, Punggol
forums.clubsnap.com
#2
Hi daden,

First of all, try to label or number your photos so that other can post their comment more easily as they can refer to the label or number.

My comment is Picture number 1 and 3 (in running sequence as according to your post) looks slightly overexposed at the background. What ISO, Shutter Speed and Aperature setting did you use? Did you use any filter?

Not too sure if you need to resize photo number 2 as according to the guidelines.

Overall, it is very good, No.1 has the potential. Maybe you can try to crop it so as to exclude the bridge at the right hand side. Good attempt. :thumbsup:
 

d0n84

New Member
Sep 14, 2005
113
0
0
33
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
#3
I really don't know what is the subject of any of the three picture! Its either normal or meaningless good try:thumbsup: and a520 is one of my favourite too HAhaha
 

jimbok

Senior Member
Nov 6, 2005
605
0
16
Sengkang
#4
Hi there very sharp pictures! i like #3 but composition could be better IMO. Personally I like the lights and colors on the building!
 

#5
agree with francis247's comments, wish to add that lighting of pic 1 is good except for overexposure in the overall pic. also you should turn your date/time stamp off. windows XP (or many other software, if not the one bundled with your camera) can give you details of your pics if needed. ;)
 

daden

New Member
Nov 24, 2005
506
0
0
Adam Rd, Singapore
www.flickr.com
#6
Francis247 said:
Hi daden,

First of all, try to label or number your photos so that other can post their comment more easily as they can refer to the label or number.

My comment is Picture number 1 and 3 (in running sequence as according to your post) looks slightly overexposed at the background. What ISO, Shutter Speed and Aperature setting did you use? Did you use any filter?

Not too sure if you need to resize photo number 2 as according to the guidelines.

Overall, it is very good, No.1 has the potential. Maybe you can try to crop it so as to exclude the bridge at the right hand side. Good attempt. :thumbsup:
Hi Francis,
Thanks for the your sincere inputs,
Pic.1 DATA
ISO I set to auto
shutter speed 4''
aperture f/3.2
no filter used... still don't know which to for what and which to buy first... :)

Pic.3 DATA
ISO auto
S speed 4''
aperture f/6.3

Mr Moderator... I'm sorry coz my 2nd pic is too big. Thanks for reminding me Francis.

How to avoid the overexposure? Thanks!:)
 

daden

New Member
Nov 24, 2005
506
0
0
Adam Rd, Singapore
www.flickr.com
#7
d0n84 said:
I really don't know what is the subject of any of the three picture! Its either normal or meaningless good try:thumbsup: and a520 is one of my favourite too HAhaha
Thanks Don!:) Nice picture you got in your flickr... :) Got to learn to be more creative. Please visits my humble flickr with the username ad3n84
 

Francis247

Moderator
Staff member
Jul 10, 2005
6,627
0
36
Hougang, Punggol
forums.clubsnap.com
#8
Hi daden,

Just to clarify, is your camera Canon Powershot A520? If yes, I don't think it have the thread for filters to screw on (please correct me if I am wrong because I base my assumption from dpreview website) and also, I thought that the aperature range is from f2.6-f5.5 based on the review.
 

daden

New Member
Nov 24, 2005
506
0
0
Adam Rd, Singapore
www.flickr.com
#9
jimbok said:
Hi there very sharp pictures! i like #3 but composition could be better IMO. Personally I like the lights and colors on the building!
Thanks Jimborange for the encouragement, nice pics you've got inthe flickr...:)
 

daden

New Member
Nov 24, 2005
506
0
0
Adam Rd, Singapore
www.flickr.com
#10
Francis247 said:
Hi daden,

Just to clarify, is your camera Canon Powershot A520? If yes, I don't think it have the thread for filters to screw on (please correct me if I am wrong because I base my assumption from dpreview website) and also, I thought that the aperature range is from f2.6-f5.5 based on the review.
Errr, abt the filter I'm not really sure... :confused: but abt the f stops I just copy paste it from the my pics summary in windows. Yep it's my beloved A520... btw I need to upgrade soon, what do you think of KM Dimage A2? or PS G5/6? Please pm me or email me to ad3n84@yahoo.com if you got extra miles to help the noobie here:)
Thanks.
 

daden

New Member
Nov 24, 2005
506
0
0
Adam Rd, Singapore
www.flickr.com
#12
Trigger Happy said:
agree with francis247's comments, wish to add that lighting of pic 1 is good except for overexposure in the overall pic. also you should turn your date/time stamp off. windows XP (or many other software, if not the one bundled with your camera) can give you details of your pics if needed. ;)
Thanks man! Abt the date stamp... really careless abt it, hehehehe... just back from holiday, need some momento, so I turned it on... Thanks for the comments!:)
 

daden

New Member
Nov 24, 2005
506
0
0
Adam Rd, Singapore
www.flickr.com
#13
zaxh81 said:
so do you use night mode on the camera or manually set the settings?
usually for night mode I choose the Tv (shutter priority) but sets the focus manually. Used timer and tripod to minimize the vibration. Just a simple noobie's tricks :)
 

Francis247

Moderator
Staff member
Jul 10, 2005
6,627
0
36
Hougang, Punggol
forums.clubsnap.com
#15
daden said:
How to avoid the overexposure? Thanks!:)
Hi Daden,

Based on what I see, I believe that your overexposure is possibly due to
1. Metering System
2. ISO Setting to Auto.
Because your background is dark, the metering system might be fool to using a higher ISO which in turn is more sensivity to light. Based on the setting, I see that your shutter speed is rather slow and also your aperature is big in some sense.

Some way you can try is
1. Set ISO to slightly slower (50, 100 or 200) or
2. you can try to have a slighter faster shutter speed
3. turn down the aperature to the smallest
4. hand-held some filters (not highly recommended, but can try)
5. Do bracketing if possible.

This is just some of my views. I believe there are others who are more pro that can shred some light here.
 

Francis247

Moderator
Staff member
Jul 10, 2005
6,627
0
36
Hougang, Punggol
forums.clubsnap.com
#16
daden said:
usually for night mode I choose the Tv (shutter priority) but sets the focus manually. Used timer and tripod to minimize the vibration. Just a simple noobie's tricks :)
Very well done. You sure do know the basics and tricks. :thumbsup:
Practise more and you will improve and also learn from the pros here.
 

daden

New Member
Nov 24, 2005
506
0
0
Adam Rd, Singapore
www.flickr.com
#18
Francis247 said:
Very well done. You sure do know the basics and tricks. :thumbsup:
Practise more and you will improve and also learn from the pros here.
BIG Thanks for bro Francis! Thanks for your gracious encouragement and tricks shared. Very eager to learned more from all the 'sifu' and pros here... :) Have a blessed Sunday for all of you!
 

foxtwo

Senior Member
Mar 11, 2004
2,522
0
0
singapore
#19
i cant offer advice on digital cams, 'cos i dont use any. but for a newbie, dont worry about filters first. shoot something u can make a decent picture of, practise basic compositional/exposure skills, fully exhaust the capabilities of the camera.
then think about extending it with filters/external flash/etc. it's just a suggestion to have urself not get overwhelmed by bits of equipment & notes of what to do/how to use and purely concentrate on making a decent picture. though if u feel u can handle everything, go for it.
 

obewan

New Member
Feb 11, 2005
1,877
0
0
obe.homedns.org
#20
Try to work on your composition.
Try to frame your subject and don't include too much unnecessary details.
Shoot more, look at how other people shoot landscape and soon you will
improve. ;)
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom