Army Open House [Digital Photography Competition]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found an interesting clause inside stating that the winners must submit the winning image "....in A3 420mm x 297mm dimension, JPEG, TIFF or PDF file format, and 300dpi resolution on a CD ..."

That works out to about 17 megapixel of image detail. Certainly no camera in the market now has that resolution yet, so software interpolation is definetely required.

Question is: what level of image detail are they looking for eventually? Although online submission only requires 640x480 resolution, can the winner simply scale the 640X480 image into a 300dpi A3 size (ie.4961X3508 pixels)? How about scaling from a 2 megapixel image? Or 3 megapix, 4mega? 5mega? How much is enough?

gadgetboy said:
Found an interesting clause inside stating that the winners must submit the winning image "....in A3 420mm x 297mm dimension, JPEG, TIFF or PDF file format, and 300dpi resolution on a CD ..."

That works out to about 17 megapixel of image detail. Certainly no camera in the market now has that resolution yet, so software interpolation is definetely required.

Question is: what level of image detail are they looking for eventually? Although online submission only requires 640x480 resolution, can the winner simply scale the 640X480 image into a 300dpi A3 size (ie.4961X3508 pixels)? How about scaling from a 2 megapixel image? Or 3 megapix, 4mega? 5mega? How much is enough?

:eek: That is only if you are the winner.

7. Each submitted image shall be in the digital format. For the ease of submission through the internet, each entry must be resized to 640 x 480 pixels (either vertical or horizontal), in JPEG file format, and the total file size must not exceed 500 kilobytes. ;)

event on this weekend :D

kiama said:
event on this weekend :D

Are you going? hehehe... if you see someone in uniform juggling between a D70, Fuji S5000 and a Sony Viewcam, come and say hi okay? That will be me! :D

tt bad ar...haha i goin in CV....ahha...no one in camp has told me to go and shoot in uniform yet...so i guess will be lookin out for ya...haha...

Saw that Jurong East MRT station got all the route and barricades ready for public to Q-up .... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.