Army Open House 30 Aug - 3 Sep 07

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtemujin

Apr 1, 2005
Singapura, Singapore
30 Aug - 3 Sep 07

aoh.jpg

The Army Open House at Pasir Laba Camp will showcase the Singapore Army's diversified capabilities as part of its 3rd Generation transformation.

Members of the public will have many opportunities to touch and feel the Army's latest technologies.

For more information on the Singapore Army, visit www.mindef.gov.sg/army

http://40years.ns.sg/portal/ns/events_calendar/army_open_house/

diversified capabilities...

:eek:

:sweatsm: :bsmilie:

;(

i wonder when is the air force's open house

Last year, so dont expect the next one till a few more years later, probably in 2009.
huh.... so long meh? nvm, i go asianaerospace or wat ever.... sigapore airshow.... ai ya something like tat next year....

huh.... so long meh? nvm, i go asianaerospace or wat ever.... sigapore airshow.... ai ya something like tat next year....
The gap is about three years for the air force and navy open houses. (Airforce: 2003, 2006; Navy: 2004, 2007). Singapore Airshow will be next year..and I will be there too!

no photo competition this year?

Below left hand corner, there's a GS table but the soldier still wants to put the Panasonic toughbook on his lap.;)

What's the frequency for the Army open house, annually ?

I believe the bus to the camp will be from Boon Lay temporary interchange.

From the Straits Times, the Leopard tanks are in Singapore. Hope that it'll be at the open house.

HTH.

I believe the bus to the camp will be from Boon Lay temporary interchange.

From the Straits Times, the Leopard tanks are in Singapore. Hope that it'll be at the open house.

HTH.

Like must go liao :)

Do any know how to get there huh??

Take bus 193 from boon lay interchange if do no wish to take the bus they provided. and alight at the last stop before it hit the PIE, all the way till 2nd link. Anyway, my ICT ending on the 31st , and having ADM n claymore livefiring, guess will be in the area. humm, sounds abit siao on to go for the AOH for me, immediated after ICT ended. Considering to go becos of the Leopard tank. :bsmilie:

9 June 2007 - Issue : 733

The first of 66 German Leopard tanks has arrived in Singapore to replace some of the armed forces' light tanks, which are more than 40 years old, a newspaper reported on June 8, cited by Deutsche Presse-Agentur (dpa). The main battle tank is undergoing "local familiarisation trials," the defence ministry told The Straits Times.

The ministry announced in December that it planned to purchase the 66 refurbished Leopard 2A4s and put them into service around the middle of 2008. The Leopard is about three times heavier than the old SM1 light tanks. It tips the scale at 55 tonnes and is powerful enough to gun down targets three kilometres away.

The main weapon is the German Rheinmetall L44 120-millimetre gun, which also arms tanks in Australia and the United States. About 3,000 of these battlefield heavyweights are currently in service in 12 countries.

sian...its held at PLC

Take bus 193 from boon lay interchange if do no wish to take the bus they provided. and alight at the last stop before it hit the PIE, all the way till 2nd link. Anyway, my ICT ending on the 31st , and having ADM n claymore livefiring, guess will be in the area. humm, sounds abit siao on to go for the AOH for me, immediated after ICT ended. Considering to go becos of the Leopard tank. :bsmilie:

THank 4 ur Info:)

I wouldn't recommend taking the 193 bus as you've to walk for about 15-20 minutes to Pasir Laba Camp.

I took the bus before when I did my BCTC at Pasir Laba Camp.

The Army Open House clashes with the Comex 2007.

comex-logo-c-i.jpg

Nothing concrete from Mindef website about the Army Open House.

http://www.mindef.gov.sg/imindef/news_and_events/events/2007.html

HTH.

Status
Not open for further replies.