Army Market at Beach Rd - Open on weekends?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cityofangels

Jul 28, 2006
East-side
www.flickr.com
Hi all,

I would like to find out if the Army Market at Beach Rd is open on weekends. I am planning to head down very soon. If so, what are the opening hours like? Are there any particular shops to recommend?

I appreciate any tips/advise! Thanks! :)

Obviously open on weekends! If not all your poor NS boys how to get stuff? Take leave to buy? =D

Not sure about opening hours, different stores have different opening times so you know, the proper opening hours, i.e. not like 12 midnight, more like 2 pm, 11 am sort of thing are probably a good guess.

Best if you ask around different shops, what are you planning to buy? Assuming you're going there to buy army supplies, and not to eat, though you should also eat there while you're at it, hehe!

night86mare: Haha! Seriously, I have heard so much about the place but I have never been there before. Oh wait.. Come to think of it, I think I followed my brother down once but that was eons ago (6-7 years?). I don't remember much about the place. I am actually looking for a pair of boots that can withstand mud/sludge/rain/drainwater. :)

Orh, army boots? Not necessary to have to die die go down to Army Market, I think there are a few places which sell supplies as well, but they tend to be like e-Marts in army camps, have to check timings with individual people, there are quite a number of SAF personnel in CS anyways.

Well there are some food stalls there that are good, hahaha. Quite a number of army supply stores, so if you go down pretty sure you'd be able to find what you want.

night86mare: Haha! Seriously, I have heard so much about the place but I have never been there before. Oh wait.. Come to think of it, I think I followed my brother down once but that was eons ago (6-7 years?). I don't remember much about the place. I am actually looking for a pair of boots that can withstand mud/sludge/rain/drainwater. :)

Are you NSman? Get from SAF emart? <$110 If i remember correctly.. using credits.. no need cash.. SAF goretex boots rocks! :bsmilie:

You can also purchase your items at online SAF emart (login to ns.gov.sg) and get them to send the item to your home in your convenient time. You just need to pay $5 cash upon receiving the items.

night86mare: I was hoping to try the boots at Army Market to get a feel of them and check my sizing as well. I'll either buy it from Army Market or ask a friend to help me get them from camp. ;)

rOnGrEn: Nope, definitely not a NSman. :angel: Yeah, I heard so much about the Goretex boots! Do they sell them at the Army Market?

megaweb: I tried ns.gov.sg but could not find the site. Found out that it is ns.sg instead. But this is only applicable for NSmen, right? So I think this option is out for me.

Hmm,but I oso hear that its not very tough or as waterproof.
I have serving friends who went Beach Rd to buy the leather version instead. But they agree its more comfy.

What is your size of the feet ? I think many NSmen can give away their boots free once they are MR.

Sorry cityofangels.. My bad my bad :)

I don't know which "generation" of goretex they are now.. maybe still the same as last time..
I was issued with leather boots during my bmt and the goretex boots was introduced halfway through my nsf days.. so i have both leather n goretex boots..

Indeed the goretex is not as tough.. which is a blessing cos its soo much more comfortable and lighter! Anyway the bottom part of the boots is still leather.. only the part from the ankle upwards is goretex material.. so it still gives you protection from "mud/sludge/rain/drainwater".. And it is still quite waterproof ba.. I often had to go into water...

But the good thing about the goretex boots is that it dries rather well left overnight.. after stuffing in newspaper and leaving it under the fan.. haha :bsmilie::bsmilie:

night86mare: I was hoping to try the boots at Army Market to get a feel of them and check my sizing as well. I'll either buy it from Army Market or ask a friend to help me get them from camp. ;)

rOnGrEn: Nope, definitely not a NSman. :angel: Yeah, I heard so much about the Goretex boots! Do they sell them at the Army Market?

megaweb: I tried ns.gov.sg but could not find the site. Found out that it is ns.sg instead. But this is only applicable for NSmen, right? So I think this option is out for me.

:bsmilie: Get Redwing boots lah! :thumbsup:

OR - better yet - King Safety boots :sweat:

The market is selling more stuff now, better then before renovation abt 2 or 3 yrs ago! Can shop around got clothings n others...... Enjoy ur shopping there!:)

megaweb: I am a US size 6 or 7, depends on the cutting. Was thinking of heading down to the Army Market to try and confirm my size. :)

rOnGrEn: So the goretex is only applied to the upper part of the boots (above ankle)? But you mentioned that the bottom part is leather & you've tried it in wet conditions? Does the water seep into the boots? That is my main concern as I don't like the feeling of walking about with water in my boots. ;p

Galdor: 11am onwards? Cool... Unfortunately, I will probably only head down on Sunday.

dEthANGeL: I heard that someone bought a pair of Timberland boots and totally destroyed it after one outing. :sweat:

melvin: Really? I have visions of Chatuchak weekend market in BKK now. :angel:

ortega: Does water seep into the Goretex boots?

Except the yellow PCK boots? :angel: Anyway, I'm expecting to tread through water levels 2-3 inches deep? :rolleyes:

you try going in knee high water?

how about one of these?

orvis_guideweight_waders.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.