Army Knife?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BirdRobin

Apr 22, 2005
Toa Payoh
Anyone knows where to get army knifes/ daggers in singapore? Not the swiss army ones but the so called commando ones? those with a handle and blade, not the folding ones.

I heard that beach road market, where all army guys go buy their barang there have?

Errr suntec has one shop that sells all the small daggers and swords but i'm not very sure whether it's still there anot. tower five 3rd floor i think. if not beach road can go look look and see lor. but i don't think so bahs.

Koelsch said:
Errr suntec has one shop that sells all the small daggers and swords but i'm not very sure whether it's still there anot. tower five 3rd floor i think. if not beach road can go look look and see lor. but i don't think so bahs.

suntec that one sell very the expensive....... ;p theirs all for collectors. :cry:

I am looking for those that are used in the army, for cutting ropes etc etc.

P.S. I am not a killer. :sticktong

i do get what you mean actually but can't think of any place. beach road! go look. they sell all the army stuff there what. if not, hardware shops? they do sell knifes but not really exactly the kind you're looking for but quite similar

tried looking for them at beach road before...couldn't find any....there was one shop though..but it only carried one....maciam that rambo kind of knife...i think there might be a shop in peninsular though

FYI , its a restricted control item and i dont think u can find it in those kind of shop ... try some underground deals shop maybe

its not a restricted item.
its jus against the law to carry anything longer than X inches jus for nothing
if you going for fishing or sth and can justify it under lawful conditions like hacking in the jungle you can carry a parang even.
there's a shop at peninsula plaza at 2nd level that jus sells them.
else you can check online.

another option is to look for dive knives the ones that you can use to cut urself free from entangled in nets (NOT OYSTER HUNTING HOR! will kok you if you do that in SG waters.. haha )

depends on wat you want it for lah.. hmmm

slaam said:
if you going for fishing or sth and can justify it under lawful conditions like hacking in the jungle you can carry a parang even.

another option is to look for dive knives the ones that you can use to cut urself free from entangled in nets (NOT OYSTER HUNTING HOR! will kok you if you do that in SG waters.. haha )

mwhauahahahha. i know of shops in Trengganu street, but those seem more for tourists?

slaam said:

you sure its not ? coz i did ask my friend which is a RQ for that before as i wanted to get hold of the bayonet and the stiletto(fyi the commando killing knief) . :think:

You can get well known brand like Cold Steel and Al Mar from Sheares Marketing but the price is quite expensive.

You will have to write a form with your IC number and model of knife for police record through the vendor.

There is a store at Chinatown that sells knives which was originally from Sngarms.

If you are buying knives from overseas, you have to go to the Police Explosive and Arms to get the import permit and most of the international courier service CSO have no idea about the rules for importing knives into Singapore.

HTH.

oPPISITE Shaw Towers.. take a walk down the lane there u.
you should be able to spot it.

there is this shop selling out-door equipment. lasttime got a few shops selling military euipment also.. now think only 1 or 2 still ard.

S11loop said:
you sure its not ? coz i did ask my friend which is a RQ for that before as i wanted to get hold of the bayonet and the stiletto(fyi the commando killing knief) . :think:
those are controlled military items.

i agree with what slaam said. I've gone hiking in malaysia and carried a utility knife across the woodlands checkpoint. Customs officer asked me what was I doing with that knife on my return. I told him I just came back from a hike in malaysia. He asked a few other questions, checked my other items (including stinking clothes) and i got through.

Another incident was while returning from a dive trip from malaysia. My instructors had diving knives with them and they didn't have problem getting through customs.

+evenstar said:
hmmm...so is it safe to carry my swiss army knife in my bag? i bring it around cos the tools are useful sometimes
if you have a reason to justify why you are carrying it. It doesn't only apply to knives. Any sharp or dubious objects that can be deemed "dangerous" can land you on the wrong side of the law.

THe most common I've heard of is carrying a screw driver with no valid reason and you might be suspected for attempted burglary if so suay you get stopped by police for 'routine or random' check.

During my sec sch days, my friend (a little ah beng looking) got hauled back to a police station because he paced up and down 2 times at a HDB block while waiting for a friend. They suspected him for "loitering" and "attempted burglary" and kept him at the station for almost a day. I vaguely remember him telling me that the police keep asking "where are his tools". :sweatsm:

Wah, I've been carrying my Swiss Army Knife as a keychain for as long as I can remember :bigeyes: You mean its illegal? Thought only blades exceeding a certain length was disallowed?

Gymrat76 said:
Wah, I've been carrying my Swiss Army Knife as a keychain for as long as I can remember :bigeyes: You mean its illegal? Thought only blades exceeding a certain length was disallowed?
it doesnt make sense. like this might as well make all kitchen choppers restricted control items also. need put NRIC before you can buy one :bsmilie:

haha thanks guys for all the replies. I got my knife at Shears marketing already. There were very friendly people there :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.