Army gonna charge me for not booking RT....

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunas

Dec 19, 2006
Singapore
Would like to know for first offense what would be my punishment?

Some background, I fail my 2.4KM by ONLY 1 SECOND whilst I pass all the other stations. They still consider my who IPPT as fail....so I didn't bother to register for RT and this is what I got today, a letter that said I am charged....SIANZZZ...

Some background, I fail my 2.4KM by ONLY 1 SECOND whilst I pass all the other stations. They still consider my who IPPT as fail....so I didn't bother to register for RT and this is what I got today, a letter that said I am charged....SIANZZZ...

court marshal, most likely 1- 2 years army detention barrack.

$50 for 1st offence

May be higher if you hold higher rank.

the fine depends on your rank...

if you got a clean record and are a first time offender, you'll probably just be let off with a warning from the manpower officer. they usually understand your reason for not booking/going for ippt/rt when its related to family/work commitments.

if you're driving to cmpd, park your vehicle at the heavy vehicle carpark across the road. otherwise you will be informed by the duty personnel that civilians who are there to be charged arent allowed to park on cmpb's grounds.

it's just a fine. a lot of the lao pengs in my brigade so dat all the time when the IPPT cycle comes ard. they just go, let some NSF read to them some pro forma piece of paper, pay the money and go off. SAF also know even if they put those lao pengs in my brigade thru the circus, they will still fail anyway. so, might as well just wayang.

My RT just completed recently :D. Don't need to feel pain about the fine as you will be getting $10 per RT visit. End of session 1 has another IPPT test and if you pass, you can get out of RT with total earning of around $80 or stay for the total $200 in 20 visits.

sad. nobody know the pain of NS until they see this coming..

when you are young, you can run, jump, pull, squat, push-up, chin-up especially full time but you start to work, married, old, weak.. it is a pain to go thru the IPPT.

For all this pain that Singaporean male need to endure, I salute all Reservist!:thumbsup:

My RT just completed recently :D. Don't need to feel pain about the fine as you will be getting $10 per RT visit. End of session 1 has another IPPT test and if you pass, you can get out of RT with total earning of around $80 or stay for the total $200 in 20 visits.

Wah!! Good money man. After 5 RT cycles, can afford D90 liao. Pass also got money, fail also got money. Really good welfare. Unfortunately, I am no longer needed by the army. :bsmilie:

Last edited:

Don't worry bro. Fine $100 if you are an officer or $50 if you belong to other ranks. If officer, they demote you from captain to lieutenant and strip you of all important appointments. If other ranks, just let them strip until private also no problem. I worry more about my pics rather than this.

Last edited:
If didn't bring enough cash, they accept NETS. :)

Think the fine of 1st offend increase to S$100, second time is either S$200 or S$300, third time will report to DB.

SSG and above, the fine will be more.

Bro,
$10 per session is a pittance for a 1-2 hour forced physical workout, for people in sales or photographers who do events or weddings. how to cover weddings on saturdays and sundays if got RT??

$50 for 1st offence

May be higher if you hold higher rank.

it's just a fine. a lot of the lao pengs in my brigade so dat all the time when the IPPT cycle comes ard. they just go, let some NSF read to them some pro forma piece of paper, pay the money and go off. SAF also know even if they put those lao pengs in my brigade thru the circus, they will still fail anyway. so, might as well just wayang.

sad. nobody know the pain of NS until they see this coming..

when you are young, you can run, jump, pull, squat, push-up, chin-up especially full time but you start to work, married, old, weak.. it is a pain to go thru the IPPT.

For all this pain that Singaporean male need to endure, I salute all Reservist!:thumbsup:

Don't worry bro. Fine $100 if you are an officer or $50 if you belong to other ranks. If officer, they demote you from captain to lieutenant and strip you of all important appointments. If other ranks, just let them strip until private also no problem. I worry more about my pics rather than this.

Hey Bros, thanks for the update. I am going for an appeal even if it is a $50 fine. I think warning is enough since I am a first offender. Moreover, I only fail 2.4KM by 1 SECOND.

Hey Bros, thanks for the update. I am going for an appeal even if it is a $50 fine. I think warning is enough since I am a first offender. Moreover, I only fail 2.4KM by 1 SECOND.

Don't appeal lah, it only waste more of your time, just give them the $$$. They are charging you for failure to fulfilling your NS duty, they wouldn't care about your timing even if you fail by just 1/8000sec.

Don't appeal lah, it only waste more of your time, just give them the $$$. They are charging you for failure to fulfilling your NS duty, they wouldn't care about your timing even if you fail by just 1/8000sec.
You fail by less than that, Nikon will say "Hi"

Don't appeal. It may complicate matters. Show that you are repentent and pay fine. I am sure you can pass the next round after a few RT sessions.

Just $50 and buzz off is the better option. don't waste time to appeal.

i told the PTI why not i pay him double and don't bug me for RT when fluke my first IPPT. hahah..of course he said no....then next thing i did was to call my favourite orthopedic for an appt...did my op, fix my PCL tear/ulceration on the cartiledge and no more IPPT forever...is it worth? yes. fix my knee and no more IPPT to disrupt me.

Don't appeal. It may complicate matters. Show that you are repentent and pay fine. I am sure you can pass the next round after a few RT sessions.

Second to TheChef. Just swallow the pride and plead for leniency, maybe will just get a warning letter or fine. No point argue, later get even more severe penalty, not worth it :nono:

Ya, don't complicate matter..... i got worst experience than you when it was still the old IPPT system and before they got the ns portal.

1st case, they never sent me letter for IPPT, then wanted to charge me for AWOL.....luckily i can fight becasue i told them they also never receive my acknowledgement letter.

2nd case, same as first, i write to Hotline to complaint, they drop the charge, but end up still call back to camp kena scold by them, not because of the IPPT, but because i complaint.

3rd case, i pass my IPPT, they still asked me back to camp to charge me because the system never update that i passed, had to rush home and take the IPPT slip to prove to them so that they can drop charge.

So.....sometime Army is full of crap, just move on.......now everytime is a breeze with the new systems. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.