Army gonna charge me for not booking RT....

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just got charged only earlier this month... i forgotten to book my ippt... :x i was let off without any fine but must book RT. 1st timer also.

Leong23 i salute you...old system so jia lat....i think some things dont change even now.

I understand that during my time, those who fail IPPT repeatedly were invited to a free vacation stay in Pulau Tekong concentration camp.

Last edited:
I just got booked for my RT in Jan 2011, luckily FFI came in time, now downgraded for 1 year because of knee issues. shitty thing you still have to run as an almost old man with problematic knee until its get worse. Now just have to wait till next year and hope can downgraded permanently.

Hey Bros, thanks for the update. I am going for an appeal even if it is a $50 fine. I think warning is enough since I am a first offender. Moreover, I only fail 2.4KM by 1 SECOND.

why kowtow to them.. just pay the $ or march in to listen to their bullshit. appeal? later they say fail 2.4KM by 1 SECOND still Fail wat

you lagi du lan!

do note that you have to go down to cmpb in Number4 to face the charge and not in civilian clothes. If you have long hair and colored, best is to cut and dye it back to black.

Improper turnout will be ejected by the duty clerk. And you will have to LL reschedule another date to hear your charge.

Anyway, since you have fail by 1 sec, you could have have negotiated with the 'right' person for a pass but without cash incentive.

do note that you have to go down to cmpb in Number4 to face the charge and not in civilian clothes. If you have long hair and colored, best is to cut and dye it back to black.

Improper turnout will be ejected by the duty clerk. And you will have to LL reschedule another date to hear your charge.

Anyway, since you have fail by 1 sec, you could have have negotiated with the 'right' person for a pass but without cash incentive.

Whine to PTI?:bsmilie:

u can't negotiate... last time before every station is non computerised, the results still can tampered...

i failed 2 times, 1 by 1 sec and the other by 3 secs, still have to retake... cos they cannot amend the results. :cry:

Would like to know for first offense what would be my punishment?

Some background, I fail my 2.4KM by ONLY 1 SECOND whilst I pass all the other stations. They still consider my who IPPT as fail....so I didn't bother to register for RT and this is what I got today, a letter that said I am charged....SIANZZZ...

Keep fit leh! good for you and your family.

why kowtow to them.. just pay the $ or march in to listen to their bullshit. appeal? later they say fail 2.4KM by 1 SECOND still Fail wat

you lagi du lan!

Pay cannot solve the problem. Still got to take the run. So why pay? Just keep fit will do the job. It is meant to help you. Look at it positively!:sweat::kok::kok:

Talk about IPPT. Last time when in the service, si beh fit. I was required to take IPPT twice in a year, through my NS life, I took 5 IPPT.
After getting over & done with everything the worst part is reservist.

Honestly, the last IPPT, I just passed on the dot lor, wa lau really :sweat:
Nowadays, the only exercise I do is lifting up the phone, talking to customer, press keyboard & mouse. NS was the easy part, the hard part is going back for IPPT every year after ORD.

The last IPPT I took at Bedok Camp, ran like a bat outta hell, heng pass on the dot... Think getting old liao, last time use this kinda energy to run is close to gold liao, now its just pass without incentive :bsmilie:

I started walking for my 2.4 test after I failed my SBJ...

u can't negotiate... last time before every station is non computerised, the results still can tampered...

i failed 2 times, 1 by 1 sec and the other by 3 secs, still have to retake... cos they cannot amend the results. :cry:

if the IPPT is conducted by your own unit during ICT... there are ways...

tried before, even talked to my OC, he say cannot help cos everything computerised :dunno:

not enough oil ! :p

not that i tried before... but i do know of successful stories.. ;p

I give you all my favourite phrase I oftenly use.
不要做无谓的执着!

dont waste your time appealing....... you are not the only borderline case and you will not win because it will open up a whole can of worms for SAF..............

YOU SHOULD HAVE APPEALED with PTI to pass you ON THE SPOT THAT DAY when you flunked by 1 sec, then .....they will normally close one eye (unless u get one Kwai Lan one) then all this trouble will be avoided............

p/s 10yrs ago.....I passed my 2.4 when I actually flunked it by 5-7 sec last time......... put in a good sprint in the end (U know the PTIs will be at finish line to scream at you to make the timing) .......... I pulled PTI aside and begged him let me pass......... he passed me only because he could see i put in the effort.

Last edited:
Fail by 1 sec not a mitigating factor for not booking RT deh...

If you don't want to part with your money, might i suggest perhaps quoting school / work? The occifer at CMPB sometimes quite understanding 1.

The moment you cross the line..i think the results are already compiled... u can just out-pro straight away...

wanna change the result, unless got valid reasons...
so end of the day... train harder and pass by more than 1sec.... no need to think so much...

Status
Not open for further replies.