Ariel Sharon is dead

ricohflex

Feb 24, 2005
sing
Good Israeli field commander who became their PM later. Successful in 6 day war and Yom Kippur war. If USA had a guy like him in South Vietnam instead of the hopeless Westmoreland, they could have won the war.

Good Israeli field commander who became their PM later. Successful in 6 day war and Yom Kippur war. If USA had a guy like him in South Vietnam instead of the hopeless Westmoreland, they could have won the war.

I don't think so. Both of them will be good at conventional warfare but suck at counter insurgent war. Vietnam war is a counter insurgent war.

Nobody can win an insurgent war if the insurgents didn't lose the support of the people.

Exception is the Tamil Tigers. They hold on to the Northern territory and convert the insurgent war into a conventional war. Which make it easier for the SL Army to wipe them out.

I don't think so. Both of them will be good at conventional warfare but suck at counter insurgent war. Vietnam war is a counter insurgent war.

Nobody can win an insurgent war if the insurgents didn't lose the support of the people.

Exception is the Tamil Tigers. They hold on to the Northern territory and convert the insurgent war into a conventional war. Which make it easier for the SL Army to wipe them out.

No matter what, he's a leader who tells the world not to play punk with Israel. He mean business when he says so. No fear of nothing. He makes sure he strikes 10 times more than he had received

This is why Israel is what it is today. Without a tough leader, a nation will never be born.

Westmoreland loved to give speeches. He got the crazy idea of body count as a measure of how well he is doing in the war effort. He made it into this list: Top 10 Utterly Useless Military Commanders

Westmoreland: The General Who Lost Vietnam

The war is also monitored by politicians at Washington. The politicians, McNamara and his team are good at computers and maths. They love to crunch numbers and measure KPI.

In order to please his boss at Washington, Westmoreland need to report the body count.

The politicians in Washington, want to force North Vietnam to negotiate. In order to do so, they need to increase North Vietnam losses.

"If" is a subjective thing, Japan will not be nuke "if" they didn't disturb Pearl Harbor so on and so forth...

Anyway, he is not like Mandela whom loved by many, I am sure some people will miss him and some won't... RIP

My fav are Golda Meier for her death squad in response to the Olympic massacre, and Yitzhak Rabin for his Entebbe Op.. Both of which were thought impossible (by my standard).

Anyway, RIP. Everyone does have this/her own strong points.