Areas in Punggol

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxguy

Nov 5, 2007
Joint a group for outting got to many a few friends and got some newbs shoots to show
no PP only resizing
IMG_4917.jpg

IMG_4919.jpg

3 busy ants
IMG_4921.jpg

4 lalangs (hope i got the spelling right)
IMG_4940.jpg

5 a escape route if only i could fit in
IMG_4946.jpg

6 a spot of light my fav at the house
IMG_4948.jpg

IMG_4952.jpg

IMG_4973.jpg

IMG_4994.jpg

IMG_4997.jpg

11 lonely man
IMG_5003.jpg

12 crossing paths
IMG_5011.jpg

13 lonely man 2
IMG_5014.jpg

IMG_5027.jpg

IMG_5028.jpg

16 the end
IMG_5037.jpg

ok guys and gal, u know who u are, start putting them here. :p

bro,

sorry, who are u huh? r u gilbert?

jay the blur

yap :p

i newb la dun bully me la :p
C&C are most welcome

probably white balance issues, something like fluorescent

anyways; in a lot of photos, horizon is tilted, please correct it, not that hard

keep shooting! there are really too many photos for me to comment, to be honest.. but in general the composition is not very strong
a good way to improve, in my opinion, is to be highly self-critical. for me, i delete every shot before PP that i think composition is not there
this way i save myself a lot of time with regards to pp'ing and also, i find out what sort of shots should be taken

filter was used. :p playing with colour filter.

filter was used. :p playing with colour filter.

hope you dun mind me saying that. i think starting off with working of subjects (i.e. exploring subjects that appeal to you), achieving compositional impact and getting the main body exposure is priority over colors and tonal distribution. play with filters, panning and motion is what many people start to get excited about initially, me too, but i find that they dun derive much effects without getting some other factors concrete first. i can see your efforts in exploration, some of the pictures shows much potential becos it shows you try to see things alternatively, although they are not solidly taken as an overall per picture and dun glue together as a series.

hope you dun mind me saying that. i think starting off with working of subjects (i.e. exploring subjects that appeal to you), achieving compositional impact and getting the main body exposure is priority over colors and tonal distribution. play with filters, panning and motion is what many people start to get excited about initially, me too, but i find that they dun derive much effects without getting some other factors concrete first.

thanks i will take note.

probably white balance issues, something like fluorescent

anyways; in a lot of photos, horizon is tilted, please correct it, not that hard

keep shooting! there are really too many photos for me to comment, to be honest.. but in general the composition is not very strong
a good way to improve, in my opinion, is to be highly self-critical. for me, i delete every shot before PP that i think composition is not there
this way i save myself a lot of time with regards to pp'ing and also, i find out what sort of shots should be taken

thanks i will take note,
btw i already took out a lot of pictures. i need to shoot more and learn more.
thanks again

in fact, the first two pictures give me some idea. half-half in such cases may not work per picture, but if you can do many takes of it, with good colors, you can collage them together as a grid.

hope you dun mind me saying that. i think starting off with working of subjects (i.e. exploring subjects that appeal to you), achieving compositional impact and getting the main body exposure is priority over colors and tonal distribution. play with filters, panning and motion is what many people start to get excited about initially, me too, but i find that they dun derive much effects without getting some other factors concrete first. i can see your efforts in exploration, some of the pictures shows much potential becos it shows you try to see things alternatively, although they are not solidly taken as an overall per picture and dun glue together as a series.

can use some picture i shot to give an example? i dun mind my shots to be edited in anyway.

same to night86mare

please share more on how i can improve.

in fact, the first two pictures give me some idea. half-half in such cases may not work per picture, but if you can do many takes of it, with good colors, you can collage them together as a grid.

what you meant by collage? stacking photos on each other?

Think the rest has mentioned, your photos either lack a strong subject matter, need to work on composition, exposure (day shots got a lot of blown highlights, while later shots quite under).

Shoot more, but spend time thinking about your subject matter and composition before you taking the shot.

Err, you went into Matilda's House? How did you manage to do so? As for the shots, hehe, i not that level to comment. :)

Think the rest has mentioned, your photos either lack a strong subject matter, need to work on composition, exposure (day shots got a lot of blown highlights, while later shots quite under).

Shoot more, but spend time thinking about your subject matter and composition before you taking the shot.

thanks for your comments,

one thing i wanted ask, the blown higlights were take with aperture priority.
while the under were manual,
i found i like the under more as it gave a better sunsetting.
how do you alll normally shoot landscape?
please correct me or comment.
thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.