Are you working in P&G Singapore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

silentnoises

Jul 30, 2004
Hi everyone, I'd like to find out from people (permanent staff) who are working in P&G Singapore about their experiences in the organisation.
I have recently been offered a permanent job with them but the biggest dilemma is that I too, have been offered a job by another organisation which I am very keen to work in as well.

Henceforth, trying my luck here to solicit feedback or information wrt P&G's work culture and career prospects.

Thanks in advance!
Mac

P&G as in Proctor & Gamble right? Not the P&G at Adelphi right? Coz they only have 1 person in that shop, the owner.....

Hi, yes it's Procter & Gamble.

I dont work there, but I know of a friend who was there. I talked to him 3 years back when he joined. He seemed to like it a great deal.

The company is very driven, very employee oriented. Lots of opportunities to grow.

I heard that they even pay him a bonus if he gets additional ceritification (eg CFA).

If things havent changed too much, I would say it sounds like a top notch company to work for. Needless to say, it's one of the big US MNC companies in Sg.

Unless your other company is also a Fortune 100 company, I think it's a no brainer. :p

P&G has been growing rapidly the past few years, and frequently voted one of 'THE' companies to work for globally, like Shell and Unilever. No doubt a good choice...

The other company is a stat board.
The job scope is vastly different hence very much of a headache. Stat board's being what is closer to my heart and P&G not exactly.

my friend worked for P&G in Thailand and she loved working there. no complains from her. i don't think the Singapore office will be much different in how they treat their staff.

they are family oriented orgn. if you desire benefits like maternity leave, children sick leave, pampers at staff price, etc, this is the co to join.

The other company is a stat board.
The job scope is vastly different hence very much of a headache. Stat board's being what is closer to my heart and P&G not exactly.

I can tell you frankly I condemn stat boards. Any recruitment agencies ask me which companies I blacklist, I just tell them any GLC/Stat boards. I've worked in a large MNC for a couple of years before leaving for a stat board. Bad choice... super culture shock and sorely disappointed. Now I'm back in an MNC again.

Stat Board = See who can last longer and everything's fine as long as nothing poke your backside. Lots of red tape, secret keeping and finger pointing.

MNC = Dynamic, challenging and fast moving. Team work, knowledge sharing etc. encouraged, and frequently with benefits.

I'm not making a sweeping statement, just the culture in general. Not sure if you've any experience in either, but that is what I feel after working for about 10 years of job hopping. Maybe things have changed? I don't know...

To me, a job is all about the money and room to grow. Stat board you probably have to wait until the person you're reporting to dies before you can succeed him. :p MNC got alot of places to hop, not only locally but globally. :thumbsup: Very good exposure and carries significant weight on your resume in future.

To me, a job is all about the money and room to grow. Stat board you probably have to wait until the person you're reporting to dies before you can succeed him.

:bsmilie: good one

p&g is just making it harder now by offering close to 1k more what the stat board is offering.
i think i might just die now from the mess my heart and head is in.

mnc experience is much more applicable in the business context, there are challenges and rewards that comes with it that u cannot find in other sectors. ( read this profit driven , performance driven , highly motivated individuals, creativity product from development to end consumer ) its hard work i agree , but damn rewarding. if your idea can lead to increase in profit , u can be rewarded.

my take is drop the other option n go straight to the P&G, MNC wins at then end of the day. n if u still 1 2 go stat, u go in armed with 2/3 P&G experience is much better option. ( but i can gurantee that u will regret for leaving that P&G)

:) btw , congrats to u on being selected for the P&G position

save this extra mthly 1k , can be a tidy sum ,

rule no 1 , only money rules:bsmilie:

I work in the same complex (Novena Sq) as where P&G's office is. The staff that I meet daily in the building give the impression that they are happy and proud to be working there.

If you say it's a choice between P&G and a Stat Board and a difference of $1k in P&G's favour, I'd say go for P&G!

p&g is just making it harder now by offering close to 1k more what the stat board is offering.

You get a D3 within half-a-year, no brainer, go for it dude! All the best! ;)

Any which way you go; both may be right and both can go wrong. Paradise (in the broadest sense) is everywhere. It's how you find it.

Good luck in which ever your your decision goes.

Any which way you go; both may be right and both can go wrong. Paradise (in the broadest sense) is everywhere. It's how you find it.

Good luck in which ever your your decision goes.

Fully agreed :)

"There are often no right or wrong answers"

Follow your heart and what you believe in. Belief will keep you going, long after EVERYTHING ELSE is gone.

IMO, even if P&G offers $1k LESSER than the stat board, i will still join P&G.
MNC offers you opportunities that no other companies can.
Having one in your resume weighs more than gold.

IMO, even if P&G offers $1k LESSER than the stat board, i will still join P&G.
MNC offers you opportunities that no other companies can.
I agree with this, to me which company to join should not have been any contention at all...

Join P&G of course.

../azul123

Status
Not open for further replies.