Are you up there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

justshot

Oct 7, 2005
Dad, are you up there?

2441624893_ac24707b30_b.jpg

who is saying dad ru up there??? is the boy shown in the pic as a statue is asking that or the photographer? if the boy in the pic,is asking that, then who is dead? cz the boy is shown with wings,and as an angel,then he must be dead too:think:if his dad is not in heaven,along with him,where is his dad then? only angels reside in heaven;) honestly somebody is asking for his dad:confused: there are only two place,heaven and hell......i believe in:) we have to make the choice right here,were we wanna be!!!!!!!!!!! this pic is a very interesting pic throwing out some reality checks to all the viewers and the choices every one must make before they die.......great pic:thumbsup:

quite an entertaining and interesting angle, but there is still some room for improvement with regards to composition; one thing that struck me right away was that the picture *is* a tad too tight. this has 2 effects in itself - firstly, of course, the picture feels tight and constricted; and secondly, because of this "tightness" your intentional or unintentional leading line with the cross is shooting the viewer's attention right out of the picture immediately. a little mjore space on top would definitely improve this a lot.

the colors here are a tad muted, therefore i would choose to convert it to bnw.

lastly, a bit more dof would be great. :)

good composition and use of shallow dof.

not sure about the contrast. the contrast in your photo give a "soft" feel which goes well with the cute angel. not sure how it will be if increase the contrast, will it be too "hard".:think:

who is saying dad ru up there??? is the boy shown in the pic as a statue is asking that or the photographer? if the boy in the pic,is asking that, then who is dead? cz the boy is shown with wings,and as an angel,then he must be dead too:think:if his dad is not in heaven,along with him,where is his dad then? only angels reside in heaven;) honestly somebody is asking for his dad:confused: there are only two place,heaven and hell......i believe in:) we have to make the choice right here,were we wanna be!!!!!!!!!!! this pic is a very interesting pic throwing out some reality checks to all the viewers and the choices every one must make before they die.......great pic:thumbsup:

Thanks Newlife. Glad you like it.

quite an entertaining and interesting angle, but there is still some room for improvement with regards to composition; one thing that struck me right away was that the picture *is* a tad too tight. this has 2 effects in itself - firstly, of course, the picture feels tight and constricted; and secondly, because of this "tightness" your intentional or unintentional leading line with the cross is shooting the viewer's attention right out of the picture immediately. a little mjore space on top would definitely improve this a lot.

Thanks night86mare. It's the max I could go, limited by my setup and also the angel is just about six inch tall....

Time to save money for full frame.....

good composition and use of shallow dof.

not sure about the contrast. the contrast in your photo give a "soft" feel which goes well with the cute angel. not sure how it will be if increase the contrast, will it be too "hard".:think:

Thanks denniskee.

I am not sure too... Perhaps will have to try next time....

Hmm.

A lot has been said. Personally, I feel that it lacks punch. Perhaps a contrast bump, something harsher might be more suited? Either that, or shooting a slightly brighter exposure, then adding a soft focus effect in post, to create a dreamy look.

It depends a lot on what mood you want to achieve, be it the stark reflection of death, or a dreamy missing of a dad. From my POV, I would go for the stark, dark mood, especially since the loss of a dad is really nothing dreamy.

If you've not heard of this photoshop action, Urban Acid, perhaps you might want to google for it and download it. It is free and allows you to create a darker, gloomier picture. In this particular case, taking advantage of the tarnishing of the statue's stone and the visibly rough texture of the stone behind the statue, the Urban Acid action would do quite a great job here.

newlife, it has come to my attention recently that you've been making comments that have been hardly useful to critique seekers in Critique Corner. Although Critique Corner does not discriminate against anyone from making comments here, please be reminded that comment contributors have the responsibility to post in an effective and responsible manner http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273343

Hmm.

A lot has been said. Personally, I feel that it lacks punch. Perhaps a contrast bump, something harsher might be more suited? Either that, or shooting a slightly brighter exposure, then adding a soft focus effect in post, to create a dreamy look.

It depends a lot on what mood you want to achieve, be it the stark reflection of death, or a dreamy missing of a dad. From my POV, I would go for the stark, dark mood, especially since the loss of a dad is really nothing dreamy.

If you've not heard of this photoshop action, Urban Acid, perhaps you might want to google for it and download it. It is free and allows you to create a darker, gloomier picture. In this particular case, taking advantage of the tarnishing of the statue's stone and the visibly rough texture of the stone behind the statue, the Urban Acid action would do quite a great job here.

Thanks calebk.

Will google it and read up more. Cheers...

well anyway, my comments. If your intentions were to leverage on leading lines, I would thought that using a smaller aperture would be more effective so that your cross would be rendered sharp.

Also the greenish stain most prob due to moss growth is rather distracting so converting to BnW would perhaps give a bigger punch to the whole pic! :)

well anyway, my comments. If your intentions were to leverage on leading lines, I would thought that using a smaller aperture would be more effective so that your cross would be rendered sharp.

Also the greenish stain most prob due to moss growth is rather distracting so converting to BnW would perhaps give a bigger punch to the whole pic! :)

Thanks Yehosaphat.

Yes, I was working on the leading lines, but intended to be from sharp to blur....

Will take note and try out on all sharp to see the effect next time.

Hmm... B&W would give a bigger punch. Noted :)

mr moderator eikin:) personally i feel,a pic tells a story, and thread title of the pic directs the viewers attention to the story, the photographer has in mind:) so in this pic i was just trying to get the story part cleared in my mind......a photograph is successful whn it conveys the story correctly to the viewer,enhanced with the basic rules of photography.......my comments added with a little sense of humour,to bring a atleast a smile... will surely help the photographer take a good pic,though i dont stress to much on the technical aspect of the pic,cz there are many ppl here who are doing that beautifully....but i will surely remind myself again to be effective,make responsible comments to help the photographer, as best as i can.

2nd this opinion, if i had a choice i would shoot it with more detail. The cross seems too much OOF. And the space of 'heavens' do seem too tight. I might even try something more interesting such as HDR on this pic. Could reali bring out details of everything.

mr moderator eikin:) personally i feel,a pic tells a story, and thread title of the pic directs the viewers attention to the story, the photographer has in mind:) so in this pic i was just trying to get the story part cleared in my mind......a photograph is successful whn it conveys the story correctly to the viewer,enhanced with the basic rules of photography.......my comments added with a little sense of humour,to bring a atleast a smile... will surely help the photographer take a good pic,though i dont stress to much on the technical aspect of the pic,cz there are many ppl here who are doing that beautifully....but i will surely remind myself again to be effective,make responsible comments to help the photographer, as best as i can.

This has nothing to do even with being technical or not. Your personal story-telling does nothing valuable to contribute when you type in such a haphazard manner, it is more of an irritation than humour. Please refrain from contributing confusion and clear up what you have in mind before you even type a post here.

i am glad some ppl here atleast do understand my haphazard typing manner:) but as ur the boss here, i will do my best to type in a manner that can be understood to one and all without irritating ppl:) i am doing my best i can mr moderator eikin. pl do eloborate my mistakes regarding my typing sir........thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.