Are you taking pictures with

Are you taking pictures with

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wormz777

Nov 3, 2002
N/A
1) your own style but its not well-liked by others?
2) a style copied from elsewhere and adhere to the general perception of others?

New poll as requested. Please participate honestly :dent:

becos you are shooting your own style and is well-received by all? Congrats then!:thumbsup:

Originally posted by ckiang
You are shooting according to an art director/client's style/needs? :p

Regards
CK

Well, that will be option number 2 right?:eek:

With me it depends.

I have my own style that a lot like but for work I'll mix that with other styles, depending on what the client wants, but it is still 'mine' in the end as my style never gets eliminated from the shot.

Originally posted by StreetShooter
I'm lousy at copying other people's styles, so I have no choice but to shoot my own....
hey i'll pay to own a print of yours, think you have a genuine gift for capturing that "street essence"...

the amount i'd pay is another matter altogether. :bsmilie: :D

try to follow the expert but result always end up much differently so people all think i have my own style.................

:bsmilie:

wormz777 said:
1) your own style but its not well-liked by others?
2) a style copied from elsewhere and adhere to the general perception of others?

New poll as requested. Please participate honestly :dent:
Sometimes your own style does not necessarily mean that it is not well liked by others. Art is something which invoke the senses, in this case, visually. Most of the time, it is useful to appreciate what others have achieved first, and try to see the point of view of the photographer first. Then from there, it is time to experiment by trying your own style and mimicking the style of others. And then try to appreciate again. Ask yourself what does not look right? Something sticks out like a sore thumb? This process does not come overnight. It will take a lot of shooting and appreciation to slowly develop your own style which others will also like.

More importantly, one also has to be observant. From a 3D scenery, how to translate that into pleasing 2D piece of art. Lighting, perspective, angles all play a part in the process. There is no hard and fast rule but one has got to start somewhere.

#2 for now..

good photographers will improve and grow.

Status
Not open for further replies.