Are You Spoiling Your Kids?

ROFL. ridiculous news again. honestly some people are just ridiculous.

if her son reads TopGear, good and well. but usually that'd mean he's in secondary school or older. and his mum picks him up from school? crikey! at 13 i was already buying beer from 7-11 without a hitch! i didn't even need my mum to buy it for me!

the son was most probably ripping the magazine out of the plastic wrapping, seeing as all 7-11 mags are all wrapped up except those in the petrol stations.

kids these days :nono:

13 can buy beer, you look so chao lao ar? Lol. I 27 liao still kana check IC, :(

ROFL. ridiculous news again. honestly some people are just ridiculous.

if her son reads TopGear, good and well. but usually that'd mean he's in secondary school or older. and his mum picks him up from school? crikey! at 13 i was already buying beer from 7-11 without a hitch! i didn't even need my mum to buy it for me!

the son was most probably ripping the magazine out of the plastic wrapping, seeing as all 7-11 mags are all wrapped up except those in the petrol stations.

kids these days :nono:
That kid is barely tall enough to reach for the magazine and I'm not even sure if at the age that the boy seems to be, he will be able to engage in neurological "complex" decision making process of wanting to purchase something or otherwise.

Back when I was a kid, I remembered being caned for constantly touching items on display. Who knows if this kid may just grow up to be a chao keng king with possibly no sense of responsibilities.

wth the fever is related to the mag? she's not fit to be a parent.

Poor parenting. I wonder if the mum has been brought up with the exact same methods?

Maybe the store is cursed! Fever for 3 days is def not normal. I bet the employee put a dark spell on her son. :angry: where is the justice in this country when store clerks can curse children to come down with a fever just for browsing a magazine!!!1!! :complain:

Maybe the store is cursed! Fever for 3 days is def not normal. I bet the employee put a dark spell on her son. :angry: where is the justice in this country when store clerks can curse children to come down with a fever just for browsing a magazine!!!1!! :complain:

burn the witch!!

burn the witch!!

She's made of wood!! Burn er!!!

actually, 11 is a number said to ward off evil spells and reflect the curse back to the person who cursed. well. i think the woman cursed 7-11 and it got reflected back to her son :bsmilie:

kei1309 said:
actually, 11 is a number said to ward off evil spells and reflect the curse back to the person who cursed. well. i think the woman cursed 7-11 and it got reflected back to her son :bsmilie:

Well. Alls well that ends well then! :bsmilie:

That kid is barely tall enough to reach for the magazine and I'm not even sure if at the age that the boy seems to be, he will be able to engage in neurological "complex" decision making process of wanting to purchase something or otherwise.

Back when I was a kid, I remembered being caned for constantly touching items on display. Who knows if this kid may just grow up to be a chao keng king with possibly no sense of responsibilities.

in some stores, the mags are on racks below the shelves. and the shelves are sometimes shorter as well.

i remembered a young kid of around 10 or 11 using the tongs to pick crabs up and throwing them down again into the tank at Suntec's Carrefour, and whacking their shells.

the mum just looked at her son and smiled. so i walked over, and scolded him "how would you like it if someone used tongs to hit you and stab you? if you're not buying them, don't play with them. they're for eating, not to be abused."

the mum was so stunned and angry and was about to scold me when... a caucasian auntie came by, stood next to me and scolded the boy too. the mum was so embarrassed and straightaways grabbed her son and dragged him away.

the moral of this story is: when you're young and chastising a younger person and his mother.... it always helps to have a caucasian auntie on your side :bsmilie:

and @ Zahne: i look like i'm 40 :bsmilie:

a young kid of around 10 or 11 using the tongs to pick crabs up and throwing them down again into the tank at Suntec's Carrefour, and whacking their shells.

the mum just looked at her son and smiled. so i walked over, and scolded him "how would you like it if someone used tongs to hit you and stab you? if you're not buying them, don't play with them. they're for eating, not to be abused."

the mum was so stunned and angry and was about to scold me when... a caucasian auntie came by, stood next to me and scolded the boy too. the mum was so embarrassed and straightaways grabbed her son and dragged him away.

I had the same experience in Hangzhou's Xi Hu. Was asking a kid to stop whacking/throwing stuff at the Mandarin stuff, I mean if you throw bread it is still "pretty much ok" (technically and naturally speaking it isn't ok, but....). They were throwing rubbish and stuff at them, but they kept coming back coz they think its food. I told them not to do it in a low voice.....didn't work. Only worked when the tour guide saw it and asked them not to do it in a loud voice as its a protected place.....now that's in front of all the China and Taiwanese tourists. The SG parents then pulled them away.......

I am very sure if i SCOLDED them kids I'd be whacked by the SGreans as well. Coz they also bochup type....

But seriously, 13 year old guy crying all the way home and having fever after that....something wrong lah. Check out the Jap kids now....

Last edited:

But seriously, 13 year old guy crying all the way home and having fever after that....something wrong lah. Check out the Jap kids now....

13 years old?? what?? 13 years old and need the mum to get him home from school?

could be a child that has special needs, we never know, just give them the benefit of doubt.

hmm i know we should, but these days, i honestly feel that parents are spoiling their kids rotten. i know my nephews and nieces are spoiled brats, even some of my younger cousins can't get home by themselves (talking about secondary school here).

these are the leaders of tomorrow. the demanding, whiny kids who behave that way because their parents don't take them in hand.

but i sure know my future kids won't be spoiled brats :D

could be a child that has special needs, we never know, just give them the benefit of doubt.

he has a special need for a spanking

This response below from another Stomper says it all

-----------------------------------------------

thirdtimer said on 21 Mar, 2011

He-Mom and the Masters of the Universe strikes again... everything revolves around me, its all about me me ME!!!

WRONG!!! No means No!!! if your child can fever for 3 days just for having a magazine snatched away, then i suggest you vaccum pack him in a 3-mil mylar bag and keep him somewhere cool, dry and dark...

plus, we're all really really sick and tired of paying full price for magazines from 7-11 only to realised they had been flipped and browsed with pages crumbled by selfish moms and their feverish kids...

Last edited: