Are you serious these are top 3 pictures?

Recently I participated in a photography competition organised by Greenlight. The theme was "Happiness in nature" and I paid 10 bucks for it.

Just now, I received the results from them and I was in total dismay. The so called top 3 pictures lack contrast and worse one of the pictures is blurred. Goodness.

I have the feeling I was scammed.

Here's the link.

http://picasaweb.google.com/114259938206124547803/Top3Photos?authkey=Gv1sRgCPL5tf3RoefrIQ#

such is the nature of photography contests. All depends on the judges.

you want to know you are good in photo biz? Its when people start calling you and willing to pay your rates so dont sweat about this.

In all, $10 is a small amount to know just what kind of pictures they were looking for. Anyway what did you submit?

Last edited:
to be honest...at least one of the winning pictures look 'rubbish' to me. even me can be a better judge lol.

Maybe they wanted to see animals that are shown in a Happy state of mind? The blurred image, isn't that a happy smiling fish? :D

i agree those 3 pictures are technically zzzzzzzzzz

but at least the first photo, the snake does reflect on the theme of happiness in nature. Thou it looked heavily photoshopped and it is over exposed

The other 3 are almost totally technically zero and content zero.

Your entries thou are technically better but also shows nothing on happiness in nature so zero in content as well. But seriously if all the other entries are like yours, then maybe those top 3 are the best among the worst

Last edited:
I have asked one of them what the theme is really about. She told me that anything about the nature that makes you happy. I didnt know it's that literal...lol.
You should have told them that it is very subjective, cause what makes YOU happy, may not make the judge happy.......:bsmilie:

I have asked one of them what the theme is really about. She told me that anything about the nature that makes you happy. I didnt know it's that literal...lol.

well the very nature of what is a good photograph is very subjective to being with. Can just be the person you ask have a entirely different definition of happiness in nature compared to the judges

I for example feel very happy and contended just by looking at a forest, but my girlfriend not, she thinks I am crazy!..........

All I wanted to say is, if those images you sent in made you happy, then you have already won! :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Be Happy!

i think the judges are the contesters themselves. but wait !! which category are these photos fall under? probably 7 yrs and below? and i got nothing to complain about.

please post the rules and regulations.

Last edited:
I was quite confused with the theme actually. So I asked one of them before submitting my pictures. I didnt know it was meant to be so literal. I could simply take a snapshot of a dog/cat opening their mouth (thinking that they are smiling). Seriously....

maybe next time you can submit a few variation on what you think could be different definition of the theme.

Laughin MY A** off here. A scam nonetheless.....

What a waste! 20 cents more and you'll have an upsized double cheeseburger meal with medium iced Milo delivered right at your doorstep with that money.:bsmilie:

Your photos are clear winners for me.:thumbsup: