are you cutting back on expenses due to recession ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exposure

Apr 6, 2008
i guess many has this question deep in mind these days, hobby can wait, your stomach and your bills cannot wait.:sweat:

as for me, i cook and eat at home, take public transport, watch TV instead of cinemas, no purchase of lenses for time being etc..

Last edited:
yes. :cry:

If I need it, I will find the money to buy it.

The biggest problem now is with people saying that things are getting bad and will get worse.

That thinking is just making it all get even more worse.

Talk positive and encourage others to do so.

Negative talk generates negative thinking and trends.

Inspire us away from what can make things go down further. :thumbsup:

For me, hehe, feeling the pinch recently.... I try to cut down on taking cabs. And yea, indeed save quite abit.... So now i know where my $$ had gone for the past few years! Also cutting down on "good" food, coffee etc...

Yes. I just decided not to upgrade from a Q6600 to an i7 920 system. Even though the Graphics and Video rendering gain is about 30%. Sigh..

i guess many has this question deep in mind these days, hobby can wait, your stomach and your bills cannot wait.:sweat:

as for me, i cook and eat at home, take public transport, watch TV instead of cinemas, no purchase of lenses for time being etc..

Aiyah, so cannot buy D300??

eat at canteen
dont buy drinks at cantee , rather go back office drink kopi
wait till passed 9am to reach office to skip ERP :p (boss scolded already . oops)
go to parks instead of orchard road over weekends saves shopping and parking costs

Cannot! cannot cut back oh..

http://theonlinecitizen.com/2008/12/helping-singaporeans-cope-with-the-recessio/

Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong has advised people to continue spending, to keep the economy growing and avoid the downturn getting worse. (See here) Many people do not agree with this call. They are afraid of losing their jobs. They prefer to save more, in case the need they money in the future. The reduced domestic spending is now being felt in many sectors of the economy.

blah blah blah...

http://theonlinecitizen.com/2008/12/helping-singaporeans-cope-with-the-recessio/

Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong has advised people to continue spending, to keep the economy growing and avoid the downturn getting worse. (See here) Many people do not agree with this call. They are afraid of losing their jobs. They prefer to save more, in case the need they money in the future. The reduced domestic spending is now being felt in many sectors of the economy.

blah blah blah...

u think he will pass me his wallet so i can spend?

Yes. Not joining XMM photoshoots anymore.

Only shoot aunties who pose for free. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

i recommend still life and landscapes... 100% hassel free :thumbsup:

no really cutting but being wise on the expenses :)

blah blah blah...

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:
This is such classic Singapore! The kiasi talking with the kiasu!!!
The Kiasi says, "Please spend lah, if not our economy die."
The Kiasu replies, "Cannot lah, later we no job, then no money to survive how?!? We better save."

And the capitalist shark makes a swim by:
u think he will pass me his wallet so i can spend?

Please share with me too! :lovegrin:

climate & weather will influence what i wear. :cool:

Last edited:

blah blah blah...

well the youngsters are doing a great job at spending even though is their parents money :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.