Are you contented with what you have now?

One thing I learnt is, it's never enough. You think you get a D3S it will be enough to last for five years? Then if D4 come out in three years time how? Or maybe a D400 that can shoot the same kind of picture as your D3S, weighs half as much, costs half as much.

Yes, I am contented with what I have now. I may not be contented tomorrow but if I am not contented today, then I should start looking at new equipments, before tomorrow.

Life is too short to want something and not get it :embrass:

One thing I learnt is, it's never enough. You think you get a D3S it will be enough to last for five years? Then if D4 come out in three years time how? Or maybe a D400 that can shoot the same kind of picture as your D3S, weighs half as much, costs half as much.

Yes, I am contented with what I have now. I may not be contented tomorrow but if I am not contented today, then I should start looking at new equipments, before tomorrow.

Very true... :think:

Just like many people want to be buried inside a golden coffin.

But in the end they just have to be contented with a wooden one.

That's because they have no say or they can't say and can't see and can't know. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

That's because they have no say or they can't say and can't see and can't know. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Tt reminds me of MJ who wanted to be preserved eternally but in the end...he still went into the soil...RIP MJ.

I would quote, work before hobby. Unfortunately I also don't believe that. :bsmilie: but I find that it's easier to fund my hobbies after working a few years. Hmm... that's not true also. I just had different (read, cheaper) hobbies when younger. I guess some of us are really contented with whatever we have now :dunno:

It'll be more difficult to justify why I take sucky pictures so hmm, I think I am happier now.
If I were richer, I prob would be shooting with a top end FF and trinity lenses or something like that but would I be happier than I am now? :think:

Mai tu liao!! Buy buy buy!!!! :bsmilie:

Seriously, I still do not have a DSLR yet... so, should I be contented already?? *scratch-head*....

Mai tu liao!! Buy buy buy!!!! :bsmilie:

Seriously, I still do not have a DSLR yet... so, should I be contented already?? *scratch-head*....

You will be contented until you brought your first DSLR. :devil::bsmilie:

I felt crippled by my equipment recently. I had a nice strobist set up going with pocketwizards and everything and just when I was ready to shoot, Err99 on my 1D3. And I had to use a P&S because it was urgent. Pictures turned out like crap :embrass:

But otherwise quite satisfied :bsmilie:

I support this too!:bsmilie:
nv buy, nv know how shiok it is...:bsmilie:

Wah-dang! With you guys around how does one ever feel contented har?? :bsmilie: I actually love my PnS! :cry: Just kidding. I've more or less made up my mind on the DSLR already, you guys are just rubbing it in that I still don't have it yet... :bsmilie:

I have been thinking of an upgrade for my equipments... something that could last me... because I feel quite limited by it now... but after knowing that there are people who need to skip meals to get a camera, I am having second thoughts...

How about you? Are you contented with what you have now?

Skip meal good , can detox and lose weight.

But then, skip how many meals?

Say, for a 5Dmk2 at $3200.
$3200 / $2 chicken rice at lunch everyday = 1600 days = 4.4years.
OK I pretend I upgrade my lunch to a $5 package (including drinks), $3200 / 5 = 640 = 1.75 years.

Maybe the whole family skip meal will help to achieve this goal sooner.

By then I probably want something else.

But then, if it is so much effort to get a camera upgrade, is it worth it?
It probably means the the person/family needs the money for other things more than the camera.