Are you a photography addict?

Are you a photography ADDICT?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunas

Dec 19, 2006
Singapore
Well, just like to do a poll. Let's see how many are there ;)

Dictionary Definition of Addict - The condition of being habitually or compulsively occupied with or or involved in something.

Also, share with us how you got started and which aspect of photography gets you feel 'High'?

Where do i start,
Well my names Benjamin
And i Have been taking photos for just over 2 years now
It all started after that first roll of developed film. Something just clicked

Today i present myself at Photographer Anonymous to try and overcome this addiction.
It will take some hard work, but im in it for the long run.
I wouldn't be here if it was not for my gear acquisition syndrome, costing me several relationships because photography gear comes first, before any woman in my case. Quite troubling at times.

Any one out there who feels the same, please contribute and share your problems.

;);) ;p

Any one out there who feels the same, please contribute and share your problems.

;);) ;p

Get yourself into something more addictive ( and possibly more expensive )

I am trying. Might just succeed

The High i get is from the getting the shot, processing and right to the print. The joy of doubles when others appreciate your work.

No chance to be an addict. Too many other things to tie me down, the only breakaway opportunity for photography is a nice trip overseas

Hmm I think you forgot a "I'm in denial" option :bsmilie:

He passed the first step. He is aware of the situation and the apparent helplessness.
The 12 AA principles are pretty useful in other situations.

Ryan

Last edited:
No too sure about addict ...but my wife treaten to throw away my camera and my computer...hahahahha

What about a photographic equipment addict? One whos enjoys the equipment but cant use well

Not addicted, but a little obsessed with it.

Forum addict, now that's a different matter... *sigh*

Well, just like to do a poll. Let's see how many are there ;)

Dictionary Definition of Addict - The condition of being habitually or compulsively occupied with or or involved in something.

Also, share with us how you got started and which aspect of photography gets you feel 'High'?

habitually is probably the key word here.

which aspect of photography gets me high? the fact that it pushes me to learn more about life. i enjoy being able to appreciate the beauty of a glorious sunset, a colorful butterfly, gorgeous cloud formations, a not-so-pretty-but-beautiful lady on the street. [sion would probably tell you it helps him appreciate aunties :bsmilie: ] being able to capture all these is but an added bonus. sometimes it amazes me how little i saw of the world before i took up photography.

which aspect of photography gets me high? the fact that it pushes me to learn more about life. i enjoy being able to appreciate the beauty of a glorious sunset, a colorful butterfly, gorgeous cloud formations, a not-so-pretty-but-beautiful lady on the street. [sion would probably tell you it helps him appreciate aunties :bsmilie: ] being able to capture all these is but an added bonus. sometimes it amazes me how little i saw of the world before i took up photography.

I fully agree with you...
I feel I'm so small in this world after taking up photography.....
The world outside is so huge..... Yet there are so many stuffs to explore but only have little time to spend.....:cry:

I am not an addict ... I just have an itchy trigger finger.... ;p

I agree, night86mare. The keyword is habitually. Since I took up photography, I have learnt to appreciate beauty, beauty that other people do not see or who deem 'ugly' in a sense.

I have also met many new friends who are so kind to guide and teach me the skill. Thanks to night86mare too ;)

*ahem*

Does

1. Having the camera in ur car next to perpetually, just in case....
2. Looking at everything in a 8x12 format....
3. Trying to think what filter makes the scene in front of you better even when u dont have the camera and gear....
4. Thinking what lens to pack when you go for a trip and not so much of what clothes to bring....

... count as addiction ?

I go shooting only when I have a interest in my mind. Event or subject.....
I dun like to do street walking photography though.

at least one photo per dish when food is served. :bsmilie:

other than that... nope, not an addict at all. :)

I have a camera bag with my MBP 17" in it for work and also my D3 + 3 lens, everyday for work. Do I fit an addict ? Shrug...

I agree, night86mare. The keyword is habitually. Since I took up photography, I have learnt to appreciate beauty, beauty that other people do not see or who deem 'ugly' in a sense.

I have also met many new friends who are so kind to guide and teach me the skill. Thanks to night86mare too ;)

Agree with you guys as well.

How i started, haha, go see my profile in my Flickr.

I feel pretty "high" when i am able to make something unnoticed or nobody cares becomes nicer and arouse the interest of viewers.

It doesn't need to take the viewers 5 minutes to read or what. (of course, if they wanna read the writeups, they can do so.)

All they need is just 3-5 seconds of their life to see what i have seen of other people's life, in that split second of my life. :)

Sometimes the itch to go have a photo shoot is unbearable especially when time is at a premium having a family, long hours work et al. :sweatsm:

If i'm not a photography addict. I will not be in Clubsnap. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.