Are we photographers or are we copywiters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadpoet

Oct 18, 2004
I have noticed a steady increase of "funny" titles in the portrait forum.

It seemed, a lot of time was devoted to creative a "catchy" title.

"Beauty is not a Crime" huh?

"She not a girl, not yet a woman" duh?

"A simple gal who very compatible with my new camera" What?

"The day he left her." And she was smiling!

"Queenie or Queeny?" Does it matter?

"French or Brazalian" Does it matter?

"@ one°15" I have no idea what it is all about.

"The Marcella Trilogies" The next LOTR?

"z.c.bunny"

"Unfrosted"

"[东晖作品]—Night Fascination"

Didn't say I like or dislike them, your guess.

Happy reading and pondering in a happy new year.

wah, competition there oso so hot?! :sweatsm:

oozing with creative juices,

the photographer came up with a new cool thread title

i still like sion's titles best. :heart:

I only look forward toone title in 2009

"A bigger gun" :confused:

A liar is a liar, sometimes a sweet liar is better than
a bad liar. So are photographers and copywriters liars too?

"He was a poor child. Often his family had not enough food to eat. Whenever they had some food his mother gave him her portion of rice saying," I am not hungry, my son". She is a liar, a sweet liar.

As he grew mother used to fish in a river near their house hoping that the fish would be nutritious food for her growing son. Once she caught just two fish .She made, a fish soup and gave it to her loving son. While he was eating, she ate what was still left on the bone of the fish he had eaten. When he gave the other fish to her she immediately refused and said, "Eat this fish, my son, I don't really like fish".

She is a liar, a sweet liar.

Then in order to fund his education she started to work hard on the sewing machine all the time. When he found her working late at night, he asked her to go to sleep and continue the work on the next day. She simply said, "I'm not tired, my son".

After his father's death, she had to play the role of a single parent. She had to work harder to fulfill all their basic needs. Therefore, relatives asked her to remarry and put an end to her problems. She refused to remarry saying, I don't need love". She is a liar, a sweet liar.

When he had finished his studies and found himself a decent job, he asked her to retire and enjoy the rest of her life. She nevertheless continued her job and refused to accept the money which he sent to her saying, ‘I have enough money".

His perseverance brought him recognition and was rewarded by quick promotions bringing him a substantial hike in his earnings. He asked his mother to come to his city, live with him, and enjoy the luxury and comforts of life. She refused again saying, "I cannot fit into high living"

Then after a few years, she fell ill. She suffered a cancer and was hospitalized. She underwent surgery and was lying in the bed when her son visited her. She tried to smile at her son but failed. He was very sad to see his beloved mother in this state and was crying miserably unable to control the tears rolling down. "Don't cry, son, I am not in pain". That was her last lie as she died smiling at her son.

I cannot help crying now, though she was not my mother.

God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers."

By Shankar D, June 2008

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

Cut the cheesy-ness.

It's crummy, punk, tinny, burning, sleazy and cheap so to say.
I wonder why you think this is lacking in taste though the discussion
is not from the sixties.

Perhaps you mean the fun of kopitam is having the nude desire of nature,
brief qualities, exotic taste, concentrated form, bad consistency, or even
the smell and appearance of real Kraft cheese?

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
- Albert Einstein

Anyway Ice likes to have a cliche ending. Congratulations folks.

:):):)

--------------------------------------------------------
The significant problems we face cannot
be solved at the same level of thinking
we were at when we created them. - Albert Einstein

I wonder why you think this is lacking in taste though the discussion
is not from the sixties.

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

ROFL :angel:

Let's not get philosophical about cheese here.

Some have stronger nose for it than the rest. :bsmilie:

Last edited:
At least there is talent in coming out with nice titles... after all photography is all art.

Agree with your POV. Even companies take great pain to select their names to attract and make impact on potential customers. Imagine " Ah Ter" photography being used ?:bsmilie: It's good for them to make an attempt to gain attraction, hopefully this will brush up their other set of skills, at least in "advertising". Maybe can critique on this too :bsmilie:

Agree with your POV. Even companies take great pain to select their names to attract and make impact on potential customers. Imagine " Ah Ter" photography being used ?:bsmilie: It's good for them to make an attempt to gain attraction, hopefully this will brush up their other set of skills, at least in "advertising". Maybe can critique on this too :bsmilie:

well I have seen Ah Beng Furniture Removalists. I laughed.
out. loud.

There is a Kan See photographer.

His company: Kan See Photos. :)

well I have seen Ah Beng Furniture Removalists. I laughed.
out. loud.

The world has spin faster than I thought and the old school of thought is no longer applicable. No wonder jargons such as "dare to be different","think out of box" are commonly used. I Ilke " Ah Beng and Kan See ", no fine prints to read. The name says it all :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.