are we grateful?

kei1309

Apr 12, 2010
Earth
www.facebook.com
292227_371212042934810_2133545047_n.jpg

Haha we all know we are fortunate as compared to many other countries, just that we like to kpkb abit every now and then to relieve ourselves of the stress in our daily lives :)

Most people have never been to Canada...
Yes Singapore is one of the cleanest city in the world.. but we do have a lot of spoiled brats to brag of.. :bsmilie:

Yes but no need a Canadian or anyone else to tell us.

It's like anyone can write Canadians telling to be grateful coz there are places on asia where people are oppressed and killed daily while their youths ski and holiday away but no we asians are modest people who don't go around criticising people and passing uninvited advice.

Who are you Brooks to open your big mouth and exercises your mightly pen?

It's like anyone can write Canadians telling to be grateful coz there are places on asia where people are oppressed and killed daily while their youths ski and holiday away but no we asians are modest people who don't go around criticising people and passing uninvited advice.

do we have snow?

do we have snow?

Another thing we should complain of... :bsmilie:
But judging things from just the cleanliness of the place is just... rubbish :bsmilie:

I believe Brooks did not invite anyone to give him any advice on who he should criticize and pass advice to, whether or not it is on an online forum which he may never see. :bsmilie:

Please note that I am a modest Asian who is but making a side observation and I am not passing you any advice. :bsmilie:

Last edited:
I detest the spread of propaganda in CS ........... phui phui ..........

Which country's citizens pay the Government 20% of their monthly income .....and never to see it again .........

.... got it off my chest ..... this thread will be history .....sooner than you think ............ :devil:

Last edited:
Zenten said:

Which country's citizens pay the Government 20% of their monthly income .....and never to see it again .........

.... got it off my chest ..... this thread will be history .....sooner than you think ............ :devil:

Emmm, only about 5-10% pay 20% I believe, most pay less than 10%, and majority don't even need to pay after reliefs :) some gets to collect money back somemore.....

Emmm, only about 5-10% pay 20% I believe, most pay less than 10%, and majority don't even need to pay after reliefs :) some gets to collect money back somemore.....

....... CPF lah .........

Zenten said:

Everyone or majority pays 20%? This I like to know.

Run a poll and see how many here does 20% or more and also how many does less than 10%. Quite sure there's many many more at the lower end

No table tennis player ,,, never mind ... import

No support... never mind import :)

bad jokes asise there are things to be grateful for, and things to complain ...... things are never that simple ....

Zenten said:
....... CPF lah .........

Oops...ok.

I just used $3k+ yesterday (hospital bills), and every month deducting an amount for housing. I guess I don't belong to that group that don't get to see it....:)

Zenten said:
..... you don't sound very grateful leh ........... :(

Haha, win some lose some lah. I can only say, somethings can be better. That's why things are never perfect in life.

After being away from Singapore due to work, I am now more appreciative of Singapore as a country and this same sentiments has been shared by mine friend and other family members working and leaving in various part of the world.

In Singapore we pay taxes and in return we get good infrastructures, in where I am now corrupt government takes all and return nothing for national building, people are into politics just for the sole intention of enriching their own pockets.

In Singapore health care are expensive but in return we get good value and high tech medical care, where I am now even with $$ there is no quality medical care and the doctors are so lousy that getting surgery itself is a risky affair and the people here has fly abroad for medical attention.

In some country, the laws are in the hands of the rich and powerful while police and armed forces are corrupted too which makes me appreciate the security that Singapore can provide

I really don't like it when narrow minded Singaporean criticize Singapore without experiencing the HASH world outside of our great little nation.

'Frogs in well dun know the hash world outside' sums up all that I have to say.
I am not patriotic but just a simple grateful Singaporean:D

Last edited:

It's hard for an Ang Moh to appreciate our culture that we complain because we are grateful.

:bsmilie:

This is an old newspaper clipping. Canada would have many wonderful things that we don't have. It should be a great place to live in. Otherwise why would so many Hong Kong Chinese want to live there?

No need to tell us to be grateful. Some of us saw the race riots and gangsters chopping each other on the streets. Lived under the shadow of Confrontasi and then Vietnam war worrying if it will spread down through Thailand and Malaysia. Also worried about May13 of 1969 in Malaysia affecting situation in Singapore.

Singapore is not perfect. We lack land and natural resources. We need to take better care of the down and out. But we are always aware that it could all have turned out horribly after 1965 separation from Malaysia.

Last edited:
Health care is totally free in Canada to Canadians. Nuff said.