are we grateful?

I detest the spread of propaganda in CS ........... phui phui ..........

Which country's citizens pay the Government 20% of their monthly income .....and never to see it again .........

.... got it off my chest ..... this thread will be history .....sooner than you think ............ :devil:

If it wasn't for my CPF... I won't be able to afford my current 4 Room HDB... therefore, I'm grateful for that. :think:

Zenten said:
....... CPF lah .........

You sure you're Singaporean? CPF is not taxes.

If you're fully aware of that, then, you're alluding that the gov is stealing our money and using it to pay their salaries. If it is so, its a serious matter.

You sure you're Singaporean? CPF is not taxes.

If you're fully aware of that, then, you're alluding that the gov is stealing our money and using it to pay their salaries. If it is so, its a serious matter.

........ I did not ... you are the one who sounds so serious ....... Anyway, is CPF your money and do you get to use it at free will before you reach 65 and beyond? Are you not able to manage your own funds at 40 or maybe 50 years of age?

Last edited:
I detest the spread of propaganda in CS ........... phui phui ..........

Which country's citizens pay the Government 20% of their monthly income .....and never to see it again .........

.... got it off my chest ..... this thread will be history .....sooner than you think ............ :devil:

u conveniently forget to mention employer pays 15.5% for you .... which country's citizens have total equivalent 35.5% of their salary and employer combined contribution that is put aside for their older years ?

Last edited:
Why now brining up old newspaper article?

Sion said:
Because karang guni man refused to take the newspaper.

:)

:) now they so high class.

........ I did not ... you are the one who sounds so serious ....... Anyway, is CPF your money and do you get to use it at free will before you reach 65 and beyond? Are you not able to manage your own funds at 40 or maybe 50 years of age?

Have you reached 65 and beyond and experienced the "never to see it again" part that you describe so confidently? :bsmilie:

i heard canada food cannot compare to singapore many many choices.

for food, i vote singapore!!! eat to full is very important....

Have you reached 65 and beyond and experienced the "never to see it again" part that you describe so confidently? :bsmilie:

........ I think I have crossed the half-way mark and already struggling .................. but the finishing with its prize money is at this point ...... still a mirage ........ ;)

Last edited:
cpf..... we are paying extra or???

Bottomline: everyone seems to be complaining but no one seems to want to leave.

I know I can move around safely even after midnight, for that I'm grateful.

UncleFai said:
Bottomline: everyone seems to be complaining but no one seems to want to leave.

Go msia, wait tio kill/rob or bullied by the ppl there. Even chinese over there also got no place to stand. Go indo, can forget it. Further up, where? All tio struck here n even other countries also want to come here to share our rice bowl. Its just a city, not even a country yet. Ha ha!

lolzzz i would rather 'tio stuck' here than anywhere else in Asia

Last edited:
Cpf system is the best thing the gov gave me, the next is hdb, I love sg :thumbsup:

Grateful Singaporean unite, non-grateful ones pls go find a way out and live in another host country.
Year later pls give us an update of how well are you settling oversea

Then you will appreciate what Singapore can provide n be proud of our progress n good governance.

Oops...ok.

I just used $3k+ yesterday (hospital bills), and every month deducting an amount for housing. I guess I don't belong to that group that don't get to see it....:)

It is because they allow you to use your CPF for housing that housing prices can rise correspondingly. This money too you do not see unless you suddenly don't need housing. If the government allow us to use CPF for COE and the price of COE then rise to 200k is that helping us?