Are we a hoarder too?

catchlights

Staff member
Sep 27, 2004
Punggol, Singapore
www.foto-u.com
Saw this on The New Paper today front page.

http://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore-news/eunos-hoarders-hubby-weve-not-spoken-20-years

as we grow and aged, we have more things in our procession, more things to take care, and many times we think that all the things we own are defining who we are,
so some time we try to hold on to whatever we have, avoid to make some decisions as we don't like to make changes to our lives,
as the days go by, we become too fixated on the familiarity, and finally, losing the ability to make changes, ability to adapt to new environment.
We are lost and we don't know who we are.

the above case is an extreme, but most of us also a hoarder too if you look around your place carefully.

Used to be a bit of a hoarder during my teenage years but I soon realised if I still havent touched something the next time CNY comes around, its time to throw it away.

On a photography-related note, I'm pleased to say I'm not a hoarder too - if I'm not going to use it much then I will sell it!

the above case is an extreme, but most of us also a hoarder too if you look around your place carefully.
I do not agree here. A hoarder collects things in an unreflected, compulsive way. The hoarder is not able to recognize the side effects to others (here: the terrible hygienic conditions).
As long as there is a functioning family this should not occur.

I do not agree here. A hoarder collects things in an unreflected, compulsive way. The hoarder is not able to recognize the side effects to others (here: the terrible hygienic conditions).
As long as there is a functioning family this should not occur.

My bad, Hoarder is a very strong word, clutter is a more precise word to describe the situations we are in now.

Many years back when I shoot weddings, I got a shock when I went to a bride's parents house, I saw plastic bags chuck all over the place, there is no free space on the surface of furnitures, that is extremely challenging to shoot a wedding without seeing too much of such condition.

Many years back when I shoot weddings, I got a shock when I went to a bride's parents house, I saw plastic bags chuck all over the place, there is no free space on the surface of furnitures, that is extremely challenging to shoot a wedding without seeing too much of such condition.

Thats not too bad compare to what I have seen. Pets everywhere .. u name it they got it.

So many here doing gear hoarding... perhaps a nicer way of putting it, the collectors!

So many here doing gear hoarding... perhaps a nicer way of putting it, the collectors!

Waht sort of hoading is this? :bsmilie:

Girls-Generation1.png

multiple copy of same focal length lens, even same aperture but manual focus or difference manufacturer;

or even same focal length, same aperture, same manufacturer but made in different era ;)

I recommend this book to anyone who want a better life when they aged.

http://www.books.com.tw/products/0010538865

作者所提倡的「簡單生活」,就是從物質、人際關係、金錢、時間、伴侶等方向開始整理自己的人生,感輕生活所帶來的壓力,然後迎向新的生活目標,繼而變成為末來而生的自己。

丟棄物品是困難的,對每個年齡的人來說,丟東西都不是一件容易的事。每次拿起一件物品,總有十萬個理由不捨得丟掉:「將來我會用得著」、「這件是充滿回憶的物品」。每次整理,單是回想每件物品的故事,清理一個抽屜就得花上半天的時間。狠心一點,把兩年來完全沒碰過的東西丟棄吧,你絕不會再用得著的了。那些「很有紀念價值的物品」,只容許自己留下有限的數量,然後在多次重覆篩選之後,把多餘的丟掉。若你能這樣一點一滴的整理自己的物品與生活,整理出來的空間會讓你感覺舒泰。

看著整齊清潔的空間,誰都會對自己的未來充滿信心。真的。現在就起來動手收拾電腦附近的範圍吧

http://myreadnwrite.blogspot.sg/2012/12/49.html