are u still using 3.5 floppy disk ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

raincool2005

Sep 10, 2005
Raffles Place
someone pass me documents stored in a floppy disk but i cannot find the drive in my laptop

oh yes.. we are now the " thumbdrive " generation !

:sweat:

soon... no more hard disk, all flash. :think:

still occasionally using it (from colleagues) in office :sweat:

Though personally I use thumb drive now.

Hehe........that is my secret.........i have a USB FDD.......
Recently i had an external USB harddisk enclosure that required a firmware flash upgrade. It could only be done by booting via IDE floppy; the USB floppy couldn't work. So yeah, i still do keep my 3.5" drive around. You'd never know.

Recently i had an external USB harddisk enclosure that required a firmware flash upgrade. It could only be done by booting via IDE floppy; the USB floppy couldn't work. So yeah, i still do keep my 3.5" drive around. You'd never know.

the other day i got a colleague asking me whether do i have a iomega Zip drive... haven't seen one of those for at least... 10years?

next thing u know, someone might just ask if u got a 5 3/4" floppy disc drive. ;p

the other day i got a colleague asking me whether do i have a iomega Zip drive... haven't seen one of those for at least... 10years?

next thing u know, someone might just ask if u got a 5 3/4" floppy disc drive. ;p

Should be 5 1/4" ..... ;)

Think i still have a 5.25 (1.2MB or 360k) diskette somewhere in my data centre. ALso I remember seeing some shops in the HDB estates selling KAO (or Verbatim) 720k and 1.44MB 3.5" diskettes too.

i had alot of MO discs, but because shifting house, in the end, all throw away last week.

man, i remembered one of those cost like 60-70 bucks when i bought them. i still have zip disc though, cos the drive still working. mainly use it for storage of documents.

Well.....my workstation and server works well with USB FDD even there is problem. Whenever there is a problem, this is my best friend......:thumbsup:

I had my 3.5" floppy disk drive plugged in for about... 5 years...

I took it out recently 'cause the IDE cable was in the way of my other cables... Long story there. I was moving around my 3rd hdd, and I was annoyed with the mess. Hahaha.

So I removed the fdd, removed the fdd IDE cable and chucked it inside a cabinet. You never know if the need for an fdd would arise...

a relative of mine passed me some photos on a 3.5" FD last year. i was stumped as to how to print them out..

Still use it, because for some stupid apparent reason that Micro$oft Windoze don't like to include the SCSI/RAID drivers in the CD/DVD and I need to attach a USB FDD to my servers to load the drivers via a 3.5" FD.

Thank goodness servers come with RAID cos I only need to do it once, and then replicate the drives to the other systems.

It reminds me of diskette then to my zip disk. GOod old days.

Status
Not open for further replies.