are u still using 3.5 floppy disk ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

raincool2005

Sep 10, 2005
Raffles Place
someone pass me documents stored in a floppy disk but i cannot find the drive in my laptop

oh yes.. we are now the " thumbdrive " generation !

:sweat:

zcf

Apr 10, 2005
270 degree of Singapore
still occasionally using it (from colleagues) in office :sweat:

Though personally I use thumb drive now.

ST1100

Jun 18, 2003
Singapore, Bedok
Hehe........that is my secret.........i have a USB FDD.......
Recently i had an external USB harddisk enclosure that required a firmware flash upgrade. It could only be done by booting via IDE floppy; the USB floppy couldn't work. So yeah, i still do keep my 3.5" drive around. You'd never know.

nightwolf75

Staff member
Dec 18, 2003
really MORE diaper changes
Recently i had an external USB harddisk enclosure that required a firmware flash upgrade. It could only be done by booting via IDE floppy; the USB floppy couldn't work. So yeah, i still do keep my 3.5" drive around. You'd never know.
the other day i got a colleague asking me whether do i have a iomega Zip drive... haven't seen one of those for at least... 10years?

next thing u know, someone might just ask if u got a 5 3/4" floppy disc drive. ;p

Ola

Oct 6, 2005
Hougang
the other day i got a colleague asking me whether do i have a iomega Zip drive... haven't seen one of those for at least... 10years?

next thing u know, someone might just ask if u got a 5 3/4" floppy disc drive. ;p
Should be 5 1/4" ..... ;)

satay16

Jan 14, 2006
i had alot of MO discs, but because shifting house, in the end, all throw away last week.

man, i remembered one of those cost like 60-70 bucks when i bought them. i still have zip disc though, cos the drive still working. mainly use it for storage of documents.

Dec 14, 2003
Toa Payoh
Visit site
Well.....my workstation and server works well with USB FDD even there is problem. Whenever there is a problem, this is my best friend......:thumbsup:

zuldevil

Sep 29, 2006
Woodlands, Singapore
I had my 3.5" floppy disk drive plugged in for about... 5 years...

I took it out recently 'cause the IDE cable was in the way of my other cables... Long story there. I was moving around my 3rd hdd, and I was annoyed with the mess. Hahaha.

So I removed the fdd, removed the fdd IDE cable and chucked it inside a cabinet. You never know if the need for an fdd would arise...

yanyewkay

Sep 22, 2004
Cons digger.
a relative of mine passed me some photos on a 3.5" FD last year. i was stumped as to how to print them out..

wazzup5

Deregistered
Jul 21, 2007
Still use it, because for some stupid apparent reason that Micro$oft Windoze don't like to include the SCSI/RAID drivers in the CD/DVD and I need to attach a USB FDD to my servers to load the drivers via a 3.5" FD.

Thank goodness servers come with RAID cos I only need to do it once, and then replicate the drives to the other systems.

Feb 20, 2004
It reminds me of diskette then to my zip disk. GOod old days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom