Are u Proficient in Image Editing?

Are u Proficient in any Editing software

Results are only viewable after voting.

allenleonhart

Sep 17, 2008
hmm. been quite curious. are all photographers proficient in at least 1 editing software?

e.g Gimp, Photoshop, lightroom, darkroom (just kidding).

wanna do a quick poll.

no i am not

up till today, i still cannot master snow effect for xmm photos.

or make light come out anyhow.

or make xmm in sea with reflection when she is in studio.

i only know very basic like adjust level, colour balance and simple cloning......:embrass:

it's probably because i spend too much time doing things like these:

Video-call-snapshot-39-4.jpg

Video-call-snapshot-39-5.jpg

Video-call-snapshot-39-3.jpg

Video-call-snapshot-39-2.jpg

Video-call-snapshot-39.jpg

this is what i got by using cs5's content aware 5 times.

I use both Lightroom 2 and Element 7..... but no, won't said I'm proficient in Image Editing :sweat: Just know enough to do simple editing and image framing :bsmilie:

If shoot properly, no need post-processing :devil:

I eat and breathe Photoshop every single day of my life for the past 10 years... Am I good at it? Donch noe... I don't always use it for photo/image retouching but I've probably done that 40% of that time. Experienced? Maybe maybe not, sometimes I do discover something new that I've never tried before. If you ask me if I can blend Ortega's face onto an XMM body? Well, I think anyone can do that once they have learnt the basic tools... To make it convincingly true would highly depend on the shooting elements/condition of both images (face vs body)... Otherwise it is simply a cut and paste procedure with slight feathering along the facial borders... If it is done convincingly then everyone would gasp and exclaim: "Ortega, is that truly you behind that magnificent, sexy body??" :bsmilie:

If shoot properly, no need post-processing :devil:

If shoot film, just scan, resize and post. :bsmilie:

Although abit post-processing will further enhance the photo.

2799267145_f23fa53f41.jpg

I don't know,
I have not finish reading one photoshop book from front to back,
have not attend course or workshops
have not learn all the functions, filters...
have not install/purchase all the actions or plugins
have not try all the cool effects

guess I'm still novice on photoshop

btw, when people says processing the images, izit pour developer inside the CPU?

Nope .. not proficient ..
but i cheat with my iPhone ;)

4576768567_5c721c1a63.jpg

:bsmilie:

hmm/ my my its a draw in the polls! anyone tried image manipulation?
7eafb_portrait-manipulation.jpg

I eat and breathe Photoshop every single day of my life for the past 10 years... Am I good at it? Donch noe... I don't always use it for photo/image retouching but I've probably done that 40% of that time. Experienced? Maybe maybe not, sometimes I do discover something new that I've never tried before. If you ask me if I can blend Ortega's face onto an XMM body? Well, I think anyone can do that once they have learnt the basic tools... To make it convincingly true would highly depend on the shooting elements/condition of both images (face vs body)... Otherwise it is simply a cut and paste procedure with slight feathering along the facial borders... If it is done convincingly then everyone would gasp and exclaim: "Ortega, is that truly you behind that magnificent, sexy body??" :bsmilie:

it depens on which sexy body are you talking about?

I am not proficient even though I have used CS3 for sometime... minor editing shd be ok...too much and I'm flawed badly....:)

So, you're going to start a workshop? :bsmilie:

not exactly workshop per se. i might be doign some tutorials if i have time hmm. see how my work load goes. if nothing might as well do soemthing constructive. LOL:bsmilie: