Are there ways to speed up SD and CF performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stanip

I am using CF storage (PQI F1 40X) and also SD storage (Billington 40X). They are pretty fast already. No complaint...

I would like to check: can I use my Norton utilities speed optimization tool on a PC to optimize their performance further? Are there any other thing that I need to pay attention to? Any concern on disk format?

Other than Norton optimization, any other wisdom on improving speed for SD and CF cards?

Thanks for sharing in advance.
Stan :)

My apology for not making my earlier question clear. I use the SD & CF cards for my PDA. I store files on these cards and so I was wondering whether the defragmentation would help in the performance. Thanks.

Thread moved to Kopitiam from General as discussion is not directly related to photography.

stanip said:
My apology for not making my earlier question clear. I use the SD & CF cards for my PDA. I store files on these cards and so I was wondering whether the defragmentation would help in the performance. Thanks.
Sigh, let me be blunt. Answer: No, if you format often.

Think why there is a need to defragmentation and the answer becomes apparent. Clue: constant access time

stanip said:

Maybe u can try and see if performance improves?

There are programs that can defrag them and as usual claim to boost performances by xxx times. But for solid state flash memory, due to its design, defragmentation is virtually not needed.

Then again, sometimes these defrag programs can solve those seemingly weird or odd problems for PDA users.

Status
Not open for further replies.