Are there ways to identify bad copy lenses??

Status
Not open for further replies.

cherkel

Jul 31, 2005
Pulau Ubin
I have been reading from the forum that some people got good copy lenses and some got bad copy lens. So how to identify?From the pictures?

If confirm is a bad copy then how?sell away so that is the next buyer problem. Or can send to Canon and do something about it..?like calibrate it..?

I have been reading from the forum that some people got good copy lenses and some got bad copy lens. So how to identify?From the pictures?

If confirm is a bad copy then how?sell away so that is the next buyer problem. Or can send to Canon and do something about it..?like calibrate it..?

quite cruel and unethical to sell away and becomes the next buyer problem... you probably can't sleep for days :cry: send to canon to correct it will be the best choice :thumbsup:

quite cruel and unethical to sell away and becomes the next buyer problem... you probably can't sleep for days :cry: send to canon to correct it will be the best choice :thumbsup:

If it's miscalibrated, then Canon can calibrate it for front/back focusing.

However, if it's plainly a lemon, there's nothing Canon can do to correct it either.

so i guess is really depend on luck...

anyone knows how much it cost to calibrate..?or is free..?

if within warranty period and covered by warranty location (eg: international or sg) then it's free provided they conclude it's Canon's fault and not user mishandling.

if within warranty period and covered by warranty location (eg: international or sg) then it's free provided they conclude it's Canon's fault and not user mishandling.

How much does it cost for a cleaning/realignment of lens ?

Status
Not open for further replies.