Are there any macromedia flash experts here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLiNcHY

Mar 15, 2002
Visit site
I'm in the midst of setting up my Wedding photography website. I'm using this flash template that i got. And i've hit a wall now.

check it out here

http://www.prism.gatech.edu/~gtg625m/

The problem is, the template only came with an image gallery for 8 pictures. I want to have 40 pictures. How can i create 5 galleries on 1 page? Like u see on the index page, i have roman numerals for each of my 5 gallaries.

What i want is to put all 5 galleries into one flash page, so that the viewer doesn't need to keep hitting back to go to another gallery. Like have the roman numerals float into the screen, and react to the mouse clicks, showing their respective gallaries

Would i have to completely redo the coding and design of my flash template? Because that is beyond my capabilities. I have no clue how to do it.

aaaaaaahhhhhh

If its a generator, you can't do what you want.

Unless you want to manually load all the pictures into the library and then export each individual gallery as a movie clip in the main .swf, whcih will probably take an eternity

Hi FLiNcHY,

Perhaps you can have the roman numerals located in the gallery page. As to how, i'll need to look at your .fla to guide you.

Cheers
Bob

I'm in the midst of setting up my Wedding photography website. I'm using this flash template that i got. And i've hit a wall now.

check it out here

The problem is, the template only came with an image gallery for 8 pictures. I want to have 40 pictures. How can i create 5 galleries on 1 page? Like u see on the index page, i have roman numerals for each of my 5 gallaries.

What i want is to put all 5 galleries into one flash page, so that the viewer doesn't need to keep hitting back to go to another gallery. Like have the roman numerals float into the screen, and react to the mouse clicks, showing their respective gallaries

Would i have to completely redo the coding and design of my flash template? Because that is beyond my capabilities. I have no clue how to do it.

aaaaaaahhhhhh

at a glance
Good news is, No, you don't need to redo the coding.
Bad news is, You need to DO the coding, because there was none done. This was done by simple hard coding. You simply cannot get around it.

As for redesigning the flash template, I can't tell from here as I'll need to take a look at the implementation. If it's simple overlay + changing of layer order + fading out of the images, then you'll have to redo the whole thing, probably from scratch or do tweaks to the code so that it can be loading dynamically. If they do movie manipulation, it's possible to rewrite the code to make it load in arrays instead..
There are too many ways to do things, so it'll be up to the easiest for you.

Good luck.

Thanks for the inputs guys.

Do you think i could send any of u guys the flash to take a look and maybe u can take a look and better see what can be done?

Wah damn sian. When i bought the template, and asked the sales support guy,
Can i add more images to the gallery of 8 photos?"

He said can. Then now i'm thinking long and hard, searching for tutorials and reading up, and i can't seem to think of any logical way to add galleries to the same page, without having to redesign the whole movie.

I want to have each gallery just launch in the same page, and not have to click back. Even if i put the roman numerals on the gallery panel, everytime i click on the numerals, the whole page will have to load again.

Then cannot put nice music in the background already. haha, cuz quite irritating if it keeps loading again and again

wats the size of ur template ?

Thanks for the inputs guys.

Do you think i could send any of u guys the flash to take a look and maybe u can take a look and better see what can be done?

Wah damn sian. When i bought the template, and asked the sales support guy,
Can i add more images to the gallery of 8 photos?"

He said can. Then now i'm thinking long and hard, searching for tutorials and reading up, and i can't seem to think of any logical way to add galleries to the same page, without having to redesign the whole movie.

I want to have each gallery just launch in the same page, and not have to click back. Even if i put the roman numerals on the gallery panel, everytime i click on the numerals, the whole page will have to load again.

Then cannot put nice music in the background already. haha, cuz quite irritating if it keeps loading again and again

Its like 766x750

Ok check this out now, with the limited knowledge that i had, i made added the roman numerals as imported jpegs. then made them into buttons and assigned links to them

now the viewer doesn't need to click back anymore.

Hahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.