are singaporeans sick? ---- what do u think?

are singaporeans sick?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilicboy

Mar 7, 2004
Changi
practically everyone in singapore loves william hung...and there are even ppl who claims that he's their idol. in other countries, ppl are labelling william as a disgrace to the performing world, and yet singaporeans are "worshipping" william, and even paying to watch him perform in concert...what do you guys think? are we singaporeans ______? (<== can't find the correct phrase)

PS: no harm meant in this thread...

AReality said:
Tomorrow(Saturday), 2pm, IMM.
Hell be there... Will u b there?
no way dude...i wun even let my kids talk about him...

erm.. he is a disgrace to all chinese, to all singers and to the music industry.. and definately a disgrace to hong kong...

grrrrrrrrrrrr......

devilicboy said:
practically everyone in singapore loves william hung...and there are even ppl who claims that he's their idol. in other countries, ppl are labelling william as a disgrace to the performing world, and yet singaporeans are "worshipping" william, and even paying to watch him perform in concert...what do you guys think? are we singaporeans ______? (<== can't find the correct phrase)

PS: no harm meant in this thread...

Let me ask you.......

What % of the entire population worship him?
What % of the entire population met him at the airport?
What % of the entire population will be attending his concert?

Can you guarantee that "practically everyone in singapore loves william hung"?

i dont think Singaporeans are "sick".

i think most of us regards him as a joke. i do. he's like pure entertainment for me. maybe people buy the tickets to watch his concert, not for the songs, but for the entertainment value. he is funny when he sings. singing is horrible, but that's another issue.

=) you might be surprised. pple pay to watch him to tickle their own funny bone.

Kit said:
and really..... you want to know why he's so great to some people? He is willing to be the laughing stock. Takes a lot of courage. Simple as that.
yup.

i agree. no one in the media/singing industry is willing to let people make them a laughing stock.

but i feel that W.H is overrated liao.. haha. there's only so much funny things about him. :dunno:

simplicity_ said:
i dont think Singaporeans are "sick".

i think most of us regards him as a joke. i do. he's like pure entertainment for me. maybe people buy the tickets to watch his concert, not for the songs, but for the entertainment value. he is funny when he sings. singing is horrible, but that's another issue.

=) you might be surprised. pple pay to watch him to tickle their own funny bone.

Right, I agree.

Kit said:
Let me ask you.......

What % of the entire population worship him?
What % of the entire population met him at the airport?
What % of the entire population will be attending his concert?

Can you guarantee that "practically everyone in singapore loves william hung"?

Right, certain % does not represent the entire pupulation. I don't think it is sick to watch his concert too. As simplicity says it is for entertainment value but not for song. I think most ppl who goes to his concert likes his entertainment.

yulee said:
His reaction after being ejected from American Idol touched many - he's everybody's favourite underdog. Though I think he's a joke I admire his courage

Enjoy http://www.madblast.com/view.cfm?type=FunFlash&display=2969

I agree. Although I am not a fan of William's I admire that he said something like "I already gave it my best, I have no regrets". After all can we say that the "Stars" we watch everyday are really that good, or are we all watching them because they happen to be on show??

No coments.................................................... :)

To me,every tv program need to have something "special" and he is the "one".
It may be publicity,so that people will talk or think about AI ahen they see him.

I feel that he is a disgrace to all Chinese.

The Ang-mos are laughing at him and making a big joke out of him, and yet he is enjoying it. Of course, people might say that he is the one laughing all the way to the bank, and for that, I despise him more. ;(

There are other ways to make money......

i dun really follow what william hung does, but from what i see, he's done nothing to render words like "disgusting" and "disgraceful". does he have a bad character (snobbish, rude, lazy, etc etc)? i'm not sure, but i dun think so. just feel that it is his freedom to do whatever he likes. same as many, my first impression of him was that he is a joke and is a disgrace to chinese, but after some thought, i felt that this has nothing to do with what race he is. just like terrorism shouldn't be related to a particular religion.

william hung looks sillily cute, just like anybody with a pleasant personality who could be your friend. i really won't mind being friends who look silly, sing badly, and continues to be proud of it. i guess this thread was started because of the hype surrounding him? i dun understand why the hype too, but i can't be bothered. he isn't interesting enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.