Are Singaporean Buyers in general a PITA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetrode

Dec 29, 2002
Visit site
Having reserved a camera for a user on this forum for 2 weeks. She initially asked me to hold it for her for 1 week till her pay came in. A week later, she claimed that her pay was delayed so wanted me to hold it another week.

Today she PM'd me to tell me that she has to send money home and will not be buying the camera.

This isn't the first unpleasant encounter I've experienced.

Are Sporean's typically such PITAs?

Not everyone is like that you know. Please do not label Singaporeans as PITA :dunno: just because of one bad incident. By the way the person you are dealing with may not be Singaporean as she claims to be sending 'money home'. Generally my deals on CS has been pleasant overall. In any buy & sell situation you will encounter such people.

err... what is a PITA ?

From my experience, generally no. Of 'coz there are always a couple of black sheep once in a while.

imaginary_number said:
From my experience, generally no. Of 'coz there are always a couple of black sheep once in a while.

Well then, I must be Little Bo Peep! :rolleyes:

jbma said:
Not everyone is like that you know. Please do not label Singaporeans as PITA :dunno: just because of one bad incident. By the way the person you are dealing with may not be Singaporean as she claims to be sending 'money home'. Generally my deals on CS has been pleasant overall. In any buy & sell situation you will encounter such people.

This isn't the first time. One of several.

If you believe her story, can I interest you in a bridge I have for sale?

I generally have good experience buying and selling to fellow clubsnapers too... Well... sometime luck count!

Tetrode said:
This isn't the first time. One of several.

If you believe her story, can I interest you in a bridge I have for sale?

Sorry just bought the Statue Of Liberty

lol i did encounter 1 of this thing, but its reverse. my pay got DELAYED! :bigeyes: but luckily it was only 1day so i quickly paid the seller to resolve any misunderstanding :)

jbma said:
Sorry just bought the Statue Of Liberty

Then the Brooklyn bridge should round off your collection nicely.

swimcraze said:
well, since you are a Singaporean, i am sure you can ask yourself the question, and answer it with flying colours.

Nah I can't coz I don't treat people I buy from, the same way.
I don't ask to reserve an item for weeks w/o following through at the end.
Plus I don't submit lowball offers for items.
If the seller offers a good price for the item, I might haggle a bit but generally I pay whatever is asked or else I walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.