are prices high in korea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaiahfortythirtyone

Jul 17, 2005
Clementi
hey guys, gg to korea in december for family holiday. wanna ask if its expensive there and how much the exchange rate is. is it good to shop there? hehe. gg on guided tour though

U can do ur own currency convertion Here, under Korean Won.
Basically, things are not ex compared with Sg.

Isaiahfortythirtyone said:
hey guys, gg to korea in december for family holiday. wanna ask if its expensive there and how much the exchange rate is. is it good to shop there? hehe. gg on guided tour though

Yes, certain items in Seoul could be as expensive as in those in Tokyo.
In general, the prices is abut 1.5 to 3 times that of Singapore.

Just to give you a general idea, a decent meal (cheapest) in a food court is about SGD $10++. :think:

My 2 cents of input.

Yup, things are NOT cheap. The cam stuff there are much ex than in SG. There's a street in Seoul (rows of cam shops). Forgot the name of the st. But you'll need time to dig out the good buys.

But guessed you'll be enjoying a snowy winter there!

:lovegrin:

**I missed Korea........

yeah...just hope my 350D doesnt hang. :think:

oh..just wanna ask also...is skiing safe? i abit kiasee la. :bsmilie:

Skiing is FUN!!! :thumbsup:

I was at Song Woo ski resort earlier this year. Just need to learn to control and prob need 1 morning to master that. Do bring enough batt for your cam as the batt die faster under cold weather conditions.

Have fun!
:)

whaa!! so pro skiing and taking photo at the same time?!
yup skiing is really fun...however, i think "snow quality" is very important, never been to korea so unsure of the snow there, but from what is know, Whistler in Canada has the softest snow and coolest ski runs! thats why i'm returning for holiday there in december after the last time i went there 2 years ago...

also, New Zealand the snow (if u are unlucky and so there is not much natural snow, so the snow is machine generated) is very hard and ice-like, also, on crowded runs, the snow is even muddy!

BTW, anyone tried snowboarding? i've only skiied, and wonder if snowboarding is hard (balancing etc..). also, what runs u guys done before? black diamond?

isiah,

i'll be heading to korea yr end too, skiiing also on the itinery.

I DONT reccomend that u carry your DSLR while skiing...not a good idea! I'll be bringing my trusty point and shoot during the ski, can put into those ski jacket internal pockets while skiing. Like that, can take photos also while skiing.

Your 350D definitely cannot go into those pockets... so i suggest leave it in the hotel rm, unless your not skiing and shooting other ppl who are skiing...

juz my 2 cents worths..

ndroo said:
:eek: U gonna do that??? :sweat:

haha. no la. i think ill bring my A95. :D but scared tt the batts will freeze. hehe. im actually planning to wake up super early to take sunset.

exhibitj: u bringing tripod?

Not sure about your skiing package.....but when I went in 1997 we were taught skiing in the lower gentle slopes...no chance to take the ski cable rides (whatever it is called)...so basically it was just skiing in the lower gentle slopes...the boots and the skis are kinda heavy...couples with whatever thick winter clothings u have on......when u reach the bottom of hte slop u have to detach your ski from your boots and CARRY them back up the slope.......is like 3 mintues to walk up and 3 secodns to ski down.....;) .....super shack.......

Not too sure how they teach the ski packages now........did see some Korean guy break a leg I think.....cos got like rescurers use those ski motor with a platform behind it before going up the slopes and bring someone down whose legs were like bandaged and on stilts.....so just learn slowly and be sure you got the basics right before you try the steep slopes......

haha. no la. i think ill bring my A95. :D but scared tt the batts will freeze. hehe. im actually planning to wake up super early to take sunset.

exhibitj: u bringing tripod?

Yes, definitely bringing my tripod! Secure it to the bungee cords on my Rover AW II, and that backpack will go wherever i go! Abit troublesome though, but wont want to miss pretty, scenic low-light shots such as sunrise sunset etc...

Alternatively, if you're on a tour, can leave ur tripod on the tour bus when u disembark at various locations...might plan to do that!:bsmilie:

I am going to Korea soon too. Any tips how to bring and carry my gear around.
Should I bring my tele lens? I know tripod is a must. What else should I be looking at?
Many thanks! :)

came back from a study trip, it seems that tripod is only required if you are looking forward to have yourself in the picture, or do some night shots.

But from my experience, i had no time to shoot at night, spent most of the night shopping around and dinning :)

Status
Not open for further replies.