Are NEC laptops gd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henessy

Feb 1, 2006
Bishan
www.henessyphoto.blogspot.com
Hi, may I know are NEC laptops gd? Thinking of getting one laptop during the IT fair, but I am contemplating it between ACER laptops. Not sure which one better.

Thanks

Yes, NEC laptop is good :thumbsup::thumbsup:

i've used one for 3 years and sold it to an insurance agent who wanted a cheap laptop
back in 2004 and he is still using it today !!

May I know in what way are they not bad? Cos they dun have a history of making computers as far as I know. I may be wrong.

i will say they are stable and steady...i dun remember i had any experience in machine
hanging on me throughout my 3 years usage.

Hi, may I know are NEC laptops gd? Thinking of getting one laptop during the IT fair, but I am contemplating it between ACER laptops. Not sure which one better.

Thanks

I am using Acer now...all I can say is that u pay for cheap things, dun expect too much...:thumbsd:

only good thing is their 3 yrs extended warranty and their 2 hrs guaranteed express service for laptop...trust me, u will definitely need it during the 3 yrs...i had been there done that...:sweat:

i heard of bad exp on acer , none so far on nec

Hi,

I now have 2 NEC laptop, one for my elder son and one for myself.

I understand nec bought over fosa many year back and it become their brand as NEC. My fosa is still working good. Now I intend to get another NEC for my younger son for his Poly school use, probably on this sunday in the IT Show.

So far No problem. Hope it help

Regards
chunsan

I have a friend who has a NEC laptop for roughly 7 years already, the thing is physically not in very good shape, and seems to overheat sometimes as the fan is not working very well anymore. But it always comes back alive! Never been sent for repairs before, as far as I know.

I used an Acer before myself, and even though nothing was seriously wrong with it, its performance didn't impress me for the price I paid. Given the choices out there, quite unlikely I'll choose Acer again.

I don't know about performance, but reliability-wise NEC should be a good bet.

I've got 2 NEC latops prior to using my current MAC, the NEC laptops didn't give me any problems at all. Reason for changing is one was stolen, while the other one is too heavy to be carried around.

I would reccomend anyone to a NEC purely for its reliability. It's not very nice looking though.

Running a NEC notebook since mid 2005. Use everyday. No problems. Had hiccup with the Matshita DVD Drive - both times registry problems (typical issue with the Matshita drives). Took to NEC service center in commonwealth. Sorted within 15 -20 mins. Decent service centre, well staffed - but everyone seems very free. And also very few customers. Indication of good product with little after sales problems.

yes..i am considering 1K Laptop NEC or ACER or DELL or HP or amany and many,,,
so far NEC config is better that the rest and at 1K.....any suggestion to buy NEC?

vaio..
Best:thumbsup:

Hi, it seems that NEC is a very reputable manufacturer of reliable laptops. But may I know are they made in japan? If yes, perhaps that is the main reason that why it is so reliable. Now the NEC laptop I am eyeing for is made in china. Not sure about quality though. I intend to use it for home only.

from limited knowledge of laptops

i think it is more than safe to say that you cannot just pigeonhole laptops by brands

the high end models of certain brands are much more decent than their bottom end offerings

My whole office flooded with NEC laptops and PCs. Been using batches of their systems. No complaints and ultra good service. However, we are dealing with their corporate branch. Not sure of their consumer branch. Shd not be far off. Reliable and stable system.

My own personal acer pc broke down twice in a year. But their service is good.

NEC Most reliable computer but they are not as popular here.

Status
Not open for further replies.