Are my sneakers weird?

Status
Not open for further replies.

markteo

May 5, 2005
i juz bought a new pair of sneakers from converse, called the grafitti chuck taylors http://tinypic.com/4tlgf6

it's the latest model i think, n i bought it after seeing it on converse website http://www.converse.com/zproductdetails.asp?zcatid=2&zsubcatid=&zgenid=&leftnavid=1&sku=1S148&bhfv=7&bhfx=7,0,0,0&bhqs=1

for this sneakers, the left n right side have different design. i wonder does it look weird? first time in my life i have seen a pair of shoe that have different design on the right n left shoe. the inner side of the shoe is white colored (maybe its the new trend?)

then i went to lace it up with colorful laces to bring out it's uniqueness.

if u were me, would u buy such a shoe? what do u think of it? i hope ppl dont stare at my shoes when i go out in public

ps: my dad was shocked at it when i showed it to him (cant blame him though)

markteo said:
i juz bought a new pair of sneakers from converse, called the grafitti chuck taylors http://tinypic.com/4tlgf6

it's the latest model i think, n i bought it after seeing it on converse website http://www.converse.com/zproductdetails.asp?zcatid=2&zsubcatid=&zgenid=&leftnavid=1&sku=1S148&bhfv=7&bhfx=7,0,0,0&bhqs=1

for this sneakers, the left n right side have different design. i wonder does it look weird? first time in my life i have seen a pair of shoe that have different design on the right n left shoe. the inner side of the shoe is white colored (maybe its the new trend?)

then i went to lace it up with colorful laces to bring out it's uniqueness.

if u were me, would u buy such a shoe? what do u think of it? i hope ppl dont stare at my shoes when i go out in public

ps: my dad was shocked at it when i showed it to him (cant blame him though)

I can't wait for my next holidays....
I was thinking of going to Singapore again, Now I am SHURE of going there !!!

I will be looking hard to spot you ! I will be looking at everyones shoes !!!!

Hahaha..... kidding.

I think that anyone that looks at someones shoes and looks long enough to make judgement has to be vain.

So don't worry about it.... (if one was white and one was black... hey a fashion statement)....
If you feel good in your shoes ... feel good.

If the weather is so hot you are uncomfortable have your fly open ....

If you feel good :bsmilie:

hyper funky man.. :thumbsup:

I LIKE! :lovegrin: Where do u get that? ;p

Nisa said:
I LIKE! :lovegrin: Where do u get that? ;p

i bought it for $69.90 at a converse boutique in Queensway shopping ctr. I actually called up that shop to reserve a size 9 for me, n they happened to have a last pair, phew. so i then went there to pick it up.

therefore if u intend to get such a shoe, its best u call up a converse boutique to ask whether if they have ur size. coz last time when i walked into a converse shop at Junction8, almost every shoe they had didnt have my size. my first pair was http://tinypic.com/4tlkqv

$69.90 is a gd price..typical track-shoe costs 100+ bucks

markteo said:
i bought it for $69.90 at a converse boutique in Queensway shopping ctr. I actually called up that shop to reserve a size 9 for me, n they happened to have a last pair, phew. so i then went there to pick it up.

therefore if u intend to get such a shoe, its best u call up a converse boutique to ask whether if they have ur size. coz last time when i walked into a converse shop at Junction8, almost every shoe they had didnt have my size. my first pair was http://tinypic.com/4tlkqv

:sticktong :sticktong :sticktong

do u think i should stick with these brightly coloured & multicolored laces, or replace the shoes with the original white lace? coz i think mostly girls like to use brightly colored laces (shocking pink/lime green etc) for their adidas/converse etc sneakers.....

then since i'm a guy, if ppl see my shoes with such colorful laces, they may think i'm 'ah kua', or even think i'm gay. I wouldn't want that kind of perception man....

it's alright ... just that it would be even weirder if someone turns up at the same place as you are with the same pair of shoes.

markteo said:
do u think i should stick with these brightly coloured & multicolored laces, or replace the shoes with the original white lace? coz i think mostly girls like to use brightly colored laces (shocking pink/lime green etc) for their adidas/converse etc sneakers.....

then since i'm a guy, if ppl see my shoes with such colorful laces, they may think i'm 'ah kua', or even think i'm gay. I wouldn't want that kind of perception man....

If u are not, why worry! if u are so worried, why don't give me that pair of shoes then!! :think: Good idea right! :devil:

Nisa said:
If u are not, why worry! if u are so worried, why don't give me that pair of shoes then!! :think: Good idea right! :devil:

haha, as if u can wear my shoes like that. coz i wear size 9...

markteo said:
haha, as if u can wear my shoes like that. coz i wear size 9...
Surprise! that's what i need too ;p

No No!

The sneakers are not weird at all!

The wearer may be! :bsmilie:

It reminds me that a few years back I bought 2 pairs of shoes of the same design but different colours (grey and black). I wear it left side grey and right side black (not the otherway round as I find it not as nice ;p). Now I'm glad that we don't have to buy two pairs to achieve the same effect. So, not to worry, your condition is still pretty mild. ;p

looks like school of design students :bsmilie:
btw, no offense pls, this shoe makes me recall of those punks that do graffiti :sweat:

cast123 said:
looks like school of design students :bsmilie:
btw, no offense pls, this shoe makes me recall of those punks that do graffiti :sweat:

ya, the design on this shoe is by a famous american graffiti artist...that's why they call it the grafitti converse...

since ur asking this question ..
probably u don hv the confidence to wear it ..

looksokie to me if ur young enough ..
but u know nicholas tse dad ?? he so old and yet so funky .. probably he owned 1 pair too ..

ya i m only 19. maybe i should have bought a 'tamer' converse sneaker instead of this....

Status
Not open for further replies.