Are hunter a good cook ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe we should ask ourselves if we would brand masters of darkroom as ''cooks'' as well, as oppose to ''hunters.''

cooks if they are "printer" i think. But then Ansel Adam or many around will be labeled as cook.

Since when it become the discuss between film and digital, darkroom and photoshop.

...ok then where does the

COOKING IS EASIER point come from?

from cavemen paintings? :think: i thought there was something to make comparison to, sorry if my english is not so good.

Ya, from the time people paint potrait on oil or water colour, ha ha, just kidding.

Yup it is the advance of technologies, i agree , but film versur digital , i think it's valid but can we keep it out since it will go out of track in a matter of time and become film vs digital.

I think Eikin has answered my question and i'm quite ok w that , plus i found interesting read on the new thread in RFF the phylosophy part, so i think i got what i'm looking for.
Really thankful for all your input , and your passion nightmare.
To Sin77 please note that i'm not favour anyone, i wasn't in good term w Eikin when i join the forum either.

Thanks all.

To nightmare , i will take your advise on post processing, i do also think that my photos have problem, but my scanning and pp workflow certainly have trouble. Thanks for your input, please teach me more in the future.

Ya, from the time people paint potrait on oil or water colour, ha ha, just kidding.

Yup it is the advance of technologies, i agree , but film versur digital , i think it's valid but can we keep it out since it will go out of track in a matter of time and become film vs digital.

ok , we will keep it out.

if you want me to speak generally, then yes, i will say that a lot of the hdr work done here is probably overcooked - mine too at times.. which is why we need to encourage open-ness..

there was a point in p&p when the most common phrase was, where are your pictures, if you have no standard how to criticise? you see, unless intent is malicious, EVERYBODY can afford some critique about their workflow, there is always something more that one can do, nobody is perfect.

on another note, i do feel that i have offended you somewhat, after looking at your apad thread. i do not know why, and i realise that i have very strong opinions and viewpoints on life, and i like to express them freely AND strongly. and i also hope that you see that i generally *try* to keep personal matters out of the way.. unless when it comes to troublemakers.. i also speak in a certain manner sometimes when it comes to discussions, because this is the way i think.

i apologise for making the snappy remark about your apad earlier, it was unwarranted and childish. :sweat:

ok , we will keep it out.

if you want me to speak generally, then yes, i will say that a lot of the hdr work done here is probably overcooked - mine too at times.. which is why we need to encourage open-ness..

there was a point in p&p when the most common phrase was, where are your pictures, if you have no standard how to criticise? you see, unless intent is malicious, EVERYBODY can afford some critique about their workflow, there is always something more that one can do, nobody is perfect.

on another note, i do feel that i have offended you somewhat, after looking at your apad thread. i do not know why, and i realise that i have very strong opinions and viewpoints on life, and i like to express them freely AND strongly. and i also hope that you see that i generally *try* to keep personal matters out of the way.. unless when it comes to troublemakers.. i also speak in a certain manner sometimes when it comes to discussions, because this is the way i think.

i apologise for making the snappy remark about your apad earlier, it was unwarranted and childish. :sweat:

No no, please dont think that way, i also feeling that there was something wrong with my film scan you see, just that i can't really point it out what is it , i'm no good w scanning you see , so i really thankful for that, i just think that's it not relevant to the issue but nevertherless it help me.

Strong opinion is ok, just that u tend to tackle the ts in aggressive manner sometimes, and kind of like it is an one on one debate that ts is the fish on chop board rather than his issue , but i guess it's sometimes.

Regarding my apad, i was refering to many discussion in CS , not you lah :sweat: don't really follow u around :lovegrin:

Since i have the answer, and as nightmare pointed out that this issue may have been debated in many form like digital vs old pp, over post processing , i will close the thread.

Actually i was looking for more about phylosophy and attitude part which Eikin and one guy from RFF point out which is quite clear.

Thanks all.

i just wondering wat if u post this thread in Digital Darkroom.
Wat kind of reaction u will get?

Being non-biased also means the other side must express their opinions.

i think i will get flame in hell , he he.

I think i did express my opinion , may be it's not clear, but i did.

Status
Not open for further replies.