Are camera/lens/flash boxes important to you when you buy/sell equipment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

David

Deregistered
Mar 21, 2002
Visit site
As in the subject....

I notice (myself included!) that we sellers and buyers like to state in the Buy and Sell section that boxes are included. Sometimes, right down to the very last plastic bags that you find in the original packaging!

But... is it a psychological thingy? As in when you buy a camera, lens or flash, 2ndhand, you feel better if there is a box?

Seriously, if we think about it, the box just gets moved around and actually takes up important space in your home!

Shouldn't it be more important that the actual thing that we are buying and selling is in optimal condition, rather than worrying about the box?

What do you think?

I think we've discussed this few months back. Lemme see if I can find the thread...

I personally would not look out for the item to come in a box when I am a buyer. But I am aware that there are others who do.

Which is why I usually state that I have the box when I'm selling.

In other words, doesn't hurt to have a box if it helps make the sale.

Last edited:
I personally would not look out for the item to come in a box when I am a buyer. But I am aware that there are others who do.

Which is why I usually state that I have the box when I'm selling.

In other words, doesn't hurt to have a box if it helps make the sale.

I feel the same as u. Having everything makes it easier to sell and assures the buyer that u r not selling stolen goods. :D

i had seen some postings in B&S selling cam body only and with a 3rd party charger...makes it very suspicious and dodgy...:think:

I didn't know this has been discussed b4. Pardon me if it has.... No wonder so few people chip in the discussion.

SO for those of you who own several camera bodies, or lenses, or other accessories, you always make it a point to keep the boxes? Wouldn't that be like... A LOT?

My room is overloaded with these. I must say I've been influenced a lot by the selling value of the product when a box is provided. Really tempted to throw many of them away cos they are just taking up space.

Just curious....would you be less inclined to buy say a lens if a box is not provided?

But the box is... So pretty.

i normally keep the box to give the new owner the pleasure of "opening" his new toy
even to the original plastic bags

just like opening presents on xmas, nice feeling, yes?

When buying items that I feel I will be selling in the near future, it is important for me. Because from experience, selling items with boxes can command a better price.

Last edited:
Just to add on, I personally find it more convenient if I were to keep the box, cause I dump the receipts, warranty and manual into the respective boxes. Takes up a bit of space, but its an effective cataloging.

i normally keep the box to give the new owner the pleasure of "opening" his new toy
even to the original plastic bags

just like opening presents on xmas, nice feeling, yes?

yea! :D
I give the items a wipe and wrap them up back in the original plastic wrappings :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.