Are camera filters brand specific?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabrielloh87

Nov 2, 2008
Hi all, got a question.. Do camera filters fit only on certain brands/models or if for e.g the adapter is a 52mm thread, the 52mm filter will definitely fit? Thanks!

yes. As long as size is right, it will fit perfectly. Unless it is some unknown brands with poor QC.

Short of a few odd balls, most of the filter thread sizes and pitch of the threads are pretty standard, and as long as it is the same diameter you should be able to screw it on.

Ryan

As long as the size tally, it should fit...

Hi all, got a question.. Do camera filters fit only on certain brands/models or if for e.g the adapter is a 52mm thread, the 52mm filter will definitely fit? Thanks!

i think camera filters are independent of camera models, but dependent on the attachment size of your lens. pls correct me if i am wrong, thanks.

As long as they are filter, no they are not brand specific.

If you are talking tele converter or wide angle converter then they may not be as usable but will still work (produce poorer image because it is not designed to work generically).

so long as the thread fits the diameter and you can screw the filter on the lense, it will work.

Some lense may suffer from slight vignetting due to the filter you best if you try before you buy, esp extremely wide angle lense.

Status
Not open for further replies.