Are BT downloads throttled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyxx88

Nov 17, 2004
Just wondering if any of the ISPs throttle BT downloads.

I haven't been getting good BT download speeds these 1 or 2 weeks. Is it just me or have others been experiencing the same?

Starhub MOL user?
I still manage to get decent speeds for torrents with at least 200 seeders + leechers

WHAT's BT? What is MOL??????? Not everyone here understands your lingo lah!

HS

hongsien said:
WHAT's BT? What is MOL??????? Not everyone here understands your lingo lah!

HS

paiseh..
BT = Bit Torrent, a type of file-sharing
MOL = MaxOnLine, Starhub cable service

BT = british telecoms.

ibitemynails said:
BT = british telecoms.

awww please dont confuse HS further
I'm certain nyxx88 is referring to Bit Torrent in this case

Yups... BitTorrent :)

Using Singnet ADSL. Sorry, should have mentioned that in my earlier post. Oh well... just have to try again & leave the comp on overnight to get me stuff.

nyxx88 said:
Yups... BitTorrent :)

Using Singnet ADSL. Sorry, should have mentioned that in my earlier post. Oh well... just have to try again & leave the comp on overnight to get me stuff.

I guess you're not alone. My friends on Singnet has mentioned the same problems. Not fast but still manageable speeds

Alamak!! I may have found out the prob!

I just changed a new wireless card, so my wireless router thought it was a new computer & put it behind the DMZ & gave it an internal IP (192.xxx.xxx.xxx) & use NAT instead of a public IP. Most, if not all P2P software will give you lower priority if you use NAT or behind a firewall.

After reconfiguring router, d/l speed seems to pick up. Pai-seh.

nyxx88 said:

I just changed a new wireless card, so my wireless router thought it was a new computer & put it behind the DMZ & gave it an internal IP (192.xxx.xxx.xxx) & use NAT instead of a public IP. Most, if not all P2P software will give you lower priority if you use NAT or behind a firewall.

Ermz ya.. what an anti-climax :bsmilie:
glad to hear that things are looking rosy again

what sort of reconfiguration do you have to do?

nyxx88 said:

nyxx88 said:

Another way....

Put ur computer in da router's DMZ. :eek:

Yup.... I did the quick & dirty way -- put computer out in the DMZ & up my firewall & other filters.

vince123123 said:
what sort of reconfiguration do you have to do?

I'm interested to know too. What was the reconfig done? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.