Are all Energizers created equal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

synapseman

May 6, 2003
State of Confusion
www.pbase.com
Those that are sold at cheap "$2 Discount Stores", are they genuine?

And if they are, are they as good as those that you buy off the rack at Supermarkets?

And if they are, are they as good as those that you buy off the rack at Supermarkets?

not sure about the $2 shop, but over here in Melbourne I've bought batteries from a chain of shops called The Reject Shop. no problems so far. electrical plugs like extension boards and piggy backs, no problems so far as well.

There are such things as fake Energizer batteries by the way.

i thought those are from the left overs which is about to expire?

Batteries have a shelf life. Just like how some rechargeables lose their full charge when it has not been used for awhile. So for the cheap Energizers, they're probably old stock and have been kept for a long time and starting to lose some/most of their charge, but if you are lucky you will get one which still has lots of charge. Else it will kaput on you very quickly. See your luck. ;)

Yea. I bought a batch of spare cheap ones for a macro shoot and could hardly power my SB800 ..

How long is the shelf life supposed to be?

I checked some of the Energizers at some of these shops, and their expiry date is something like 03/2012. I use them (8x AA) to power up an old film SLR motor drive, and they seem OK?

Just curious lah. :think:

the cheap ones seem fine, but they are made for export? and "not for sale" in singapore. :sweatsm:

Yes all Energizers are created equal.
But they don't perform equally. :bsmilie:
一分钱,一分货。:sweatsm:

I had the experience of buying from those "$2 shops" a set of energizer (or was it duracell) batteries. Based on the expiry date on the pack, the batteries were good for at least a few more years but each and every one from the pack was flat. After that incident I stopped buying batteries from them. I believe they might have either gotten them cheap because they are either rejects or fakes.

I guess there are no such thing as free meals.

They are probably intended for sale in other countries in a different price bracket, as part of carving out of markets to try to prevent parallel imports.

Why are they meant for export? Did not pass the safety tests here?

IF you notice those cheap shops, the energizer usually in chinese de o.o

Those in NTUC and big shops english de.. o.o

They are probably intended for sale in other countries in a different price bracket, as part of carving out of markets to try to prevent parallel imports.

Thanks, vince123123. :)

So buy placing those intended for overseas sale in another price bracket (lower than local one, I presume), would that mean that those batteries are more inferior when compared to the local batches?

the last time i bought battery from $2 shop, the battery leaking and damage my electronic stuff. From that onwards, I stop buying battery from that kind of shop. Rather spend extra on battery than losing more expensive equipment.

I doubt its equal.

Power = $
Unless PUB can offer power at a better rate else...cost of power should be respective to the price. Cheap means less power :)

I wouldn't know for sure since I don't work in Energizer.

My unsubstantiated guess is that the batteries work the same way. In the same way that the same Nikon camera costs S$7500 here but only S$6500 in Hong Kong.
Thanks, vince123123. :)

So buy placing those intended for overseas sale in another price bracket (lower than local one, I presume), would that mean that those batteries are more inferior when compared to the local batches?

Status
Not open for further replies.