Are 50mm lenses...

Are 50mm lenses the lense of the moment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfgang

Apr 29, 2002
Riddle Realms
wolfgang.clubsnap.org
... the lense of the moment?

Judging by the amount of PM i shave recieved so far, seems like alot of people here are quite keen on it. :)

what do u mean lens of the moment? streetshooter or P&S lens?

Originally posted by Wolfgang

As in, the most popular... :)

u will like the sharpness and the brightness of the lens

NIKON 50mm f/1.4 AFD

Selling the above in mint condition. Optics and cosmetics in very good condition. Comes with box, packing, rear and front cap.

B+W 52 mm UV and Hoya 52mm circular polariser with the above.

Price 350$

Contact me at niharrdas@yahoo.com

Originally posted by denizenx
NIKON 50mm f/1.4 AFD

Selling the above in mint condition. Optics and cosmetics in very good condition. Comes with box, packing, rear and front cap.

B+W 52 mm UV and Hoya 52mm circular polariser with the above.

Price 350$

Contact me at niharrdas@yahoo.com

Oh, this ad... Yeah, i did. :)

oh yeah not much diff but aperture only...
the canon f/1.4's got FTM and USM and BCM and BSDM and MONEYCHASM....

Ah...where will I be today without my 50mm...the lens that started it all :)

Admittedly I hardly use the 50mm these days as I tend to go for more dramatic effects on either end of the focal length spectrum....but the flexibility, portability and (optical) quality makes it a mainstay in any photographer's bag.

50mm...don't leave home without it ;)

Originally posted by BraveHart
Ah...where will I be today without my 50mm...the lens that started it all :)

Admittedly I hardly use the 50mm these days as I tend to go for more dramatic effects on either end of the focal length spectrum....but the flexibility, portability and (optical) quality makes it a mainstay in any photographer's bag.

50mm...don't leave home without it ;)

hyeah good pns lens...

heh bravehart ur sig reminds me more of lindyhop than photography... ;p no offence...

Hahaha...no worries man

none taken denizenx!

or perhaps I should change my signature to one that lists out my equipment?

hmmm....nah....I'll stick to the lindyhop :p haha

Yo Wolf, it may not be the lens of e moment but its an essential lens for most photographers out there. Most 50mm lenses are small/compact and doesn't take out much space. It takes up a permanent place in my camera bag. :) The 1.4 or 1.8 (or even 1.0) max aperture makes it a lens suitable for available light photography. hope this helps.

I call it the "not here not there" lens, I only use it for available light photography. But it is the cheapest and optically best lens you can get for any camera system, and it makes a good "discipline lens" as well. ;p

Regards
CK

dunno leh... it seems that one can shoot a full roll with whatever he is left with... it just affects what he shoots...

Originally posted by denizenx
dunno leh... it seems that one can shoot a full roll with whatever he is left with... it just affects what he shoots...

I once finished the last 10 or so shots in a roll with a single 20mm. Not easy man.... not easy.

Regards
CK

Status
Not open for further replies.