Archos av400series users

Status
Not open for further replies.

kegler

Dec 25, 2003
myhobbieseatdrink.blogspot.com
What casing r u using? :D i find the case included is troublesome... take in n out....zzz.... what do u think?

Get the optional case lor. it's only 60 bucks. and it can stand on its own. I got one, and so did the person who bought it with me and the one who pysch us into buying one ;)

Nisa said:
Get the optional case lor. it's only 60 bucks. and it can stand on its own. I got one, and so did the person who bought it with me and the one who pysch us into buying one ;)

lol....ok....was quoted $85 for that case.... maybe i look like a carrot head.... haa...

kegler said:
lol....ok....was quoted $85 for that case.... maybe i look like a carrot head.... haa...

Advice : smile sweetly and wear a DRESS :sticktong

Nisa said:

The sales guy must really be mesmerised by you. The stand up case is $70/-, $60/- is for the one that can't be used as a stand.

For info:- The optional stand up case fits the AV420 only. AV480 and above models will not fit into this case, reason is the AV480 is thicker than the AV420 because of the 2.5" hard disk used as compared to the 1.8" hard disk of the 420.

Kegler - how's the reception of the optional FM radio?

Yo Guys and Gals,
I just bought an Eagle Creek padded Quarter Cube.
DSC_4652.jpg

It fits the Archos AV420 + Stand up travel case, with room to spare for the AC adapter.
DSC_4651.jpg

Bought t at Sports Connection, Beach Rd.

Teerex, good for travelling ;) $9.10 only :D

Troublesome!

Travelling, just put all the power cables in one ziplock bag can liao :sticktong

Nisa said:
Troublesome!

Travelling, just put all the power cables in one ziplock bag can liao :sticktong

Must look "pro" mah :sticktong

ark19 said:
Must look "pro" mah :sticktong

tolong lah! another bag to carry! my bag VERY heavy liao :sticktong

teerex said:
The sales guy must really be mesmerised by you. The stand up case is $70/-, $60/- is for the one that can't be used as a stand.

For info:- The optional stand up case fits the AV420 only. AV480 and above models will not fit into this case, reason is the AV480 is thicker than the AV420 because of the 2.5" hard disk used as compared to the 1.8" hard disk of the 420.

Kegler - how's the reception of the optional FM radio?

the fm reception is very good imo... compared to my previous mp3 player with fm.... which e fm reception is cmi... haahaa.... i bought the one that can stand for $65 :bsmilie: seems like everyone getting a diff price... lol

i tried recording music thru fm.... sounds pretty good... haahaa...

kegler said:
the fm reception is very good imo... compared to my previous mp3 player with fm.... which e fm reception is cmi... haahaa.... i bought the one that can stand for $65 :bsmilie: seems like everyone getting a diff price... lol

i tried recording music thru fm.... sounds pretty good... haahaa...

Ya, looks like those guys are quoting you prices by first looking at your face. Like your face, give you a slightly lower price :bsmilie: . No offence kegler, you're in that line.

Tks for info on the fm reception, I've been using quite a few mp3 players with fm and most of them are not good for radio.

Ark19 - the quarter cube looks good. Put the charger and the 420 into it and dump it into a haversack for travelling seem ideal. The padding will take the shock off the 420. I'll be going down to Sports Connection Funan to get it today.

teerex said:
Ya, looks like those guys are quoting you prices by first looking at your face. Like your face, give you a slightly lower price :bsmilie: . No offence kegler, you're in that line.

Tks for info on the fm reception, I've been using quite a few mp3 players with fm and most of them are not good for radio.

Ark19 - the quarter cube looks good. Put the charger and the 420 into it and dump it into a haversack for travelling seem ideal. The padding will take the shock off the 420. I'll be going down to Sports Connection Funan to get it today.

erm... i doubt anything to do with face... probably i in sales line too.... remember i told u they quoted me $85.... when i return ...still the same... after some talk kok here n there... he lanlan go check his comp then realise he remembered wrongly... hmm... which makes me ponder if its real or not....lol

anyway... i manage to play movies on TV... but somehow i couldn't record from tv :embrass: .... keep telling me no signal... is there some kind of settings i need to configure? manual kinda useless... not really telling me much.... Zzz :sweat:

I just recorded a whole korean series onto my toy ;p
But i did it thru my PC and not thru the DVD player..... :rolleyes:

Nisa said:
I just recorded a whole korean series onto my toy ;p
But i did it thru my PC and not thru the DVD player..... :rolleyes:

??? r u talking about already encoded or from dvd disc? or u got TV tuner card on ur PC? i wanna do schedule recording of those soap dramas from TV broadcast...heehee

kegler said:
??? r u talking about already encoded or from dvd disc? or u got TV tuner card on ur PC? i wanna do schedule recording of those soap dramas from TV broadcast...heehee

from my VCD disc. Err i sold off my TV tuner card for a dollar or less, don't remember liao.

Need to buy extra batteries :sticktong

Wa piang! those ang mo soaps ah? :sweat:

Nisa said:
from my VCD disc. Err i sold off my TV tuner card for a dollar or less, don't remember liao.

Need to buy extra batteries :sticktong

Wa piang! those ang mo soaps ah? :sweat:

huh... so u never try recording straight from tV? hmm... sian.... not only soap lor.... im watching scv ch55 8pm-10pm hk serial too... record n watch it on-the-go .... tsk tsk

extra batt also cannot charge externally... no point lar... lol....

kegler said:
huh... so u never try recording straight from tV? hmm... sian.... not only soap lor.... im watching scv ch55 8pm-10pm hk serial too... record n watch it on-the-go .... tsk tsk

extra batt also cannot charge externally... no point lar... lol....

Bring it back and ask Kelvin to help you!
he's then helpful... :)

yeah cannot charge externally but then i know at least i have a few extra hours of battery life. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.