Archiving negatives

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevyan

Jan 5, 2005
PR
Hi all,

is there a good way to archive negatives?

Currently, when I finish my roll of 36, I will bring it to the lab to develop and burn to CD. I do not print it.

So, is there a good way to archive it so that if I need to print, I can still bring the negative to the lab for printing?

Regards

Kevin

I cut out my 35mm who I want to keep and mount them. Lable them reference to my CDR. Those I dunwan, throw the strip into a dry container.

oh! they will burn it for you after developing? how much does it cost?

$2.50 for burning, $1 for CDR or use yr own. 1 CDR can reuse for abt 11 roll I think.

$3.50 to burn and put into cd?? where??

doug3fflux said:
oh! they will burn it for you after developing? how much does it cost?

I paid $10 for developing and burn to CD.

Not sure is that cheap or expensive.

If you develop many rolls of film, you can request them to burn all of them into 1 CD.

I label my negatives and put them in a dry box.

student said:
I label my negatives and put them in a dry box.

I second tat as it is what I done oso :embrass: .. :thumbsup:

But now I seldom shoot in film ... :sweatsm:

I develop the film, print index and burn it into CD... ($9.80) Then I write down the reference number on the disk and the index. Film in the dry box, CD for normal use, index put together like clipart index... :)

kevyan said:
I paid $10 for developing and burn to CD.

Not sure is that cheap or expensive.

If you develop many rolls of film, you can request them to burn all of them into 1 CD.

700MB CDR can store for 11 rolls of film?
so basically the photoshop will scan out the negs and save into the CDR....?
what is the size of each digitalized picture? resolution?

theres a fellow CSer who kindly offers his service to do the same job too...scanning negs into files..though i lost the thread alreaddy..

Any container made of wood like paper box, wooden drawer and ect ect ect..... can't not use to store negatives. In five year time all negs will stick together, this is because wood material give off a kind of chemical gas that soften the neg and spoil them. :eek: F.Y.I. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.