Upper Bukit Timah
www.arkitecturalphotography.com
architectural + cityscapes photography #9​
Greetings folks!! #9 is here and details as follows:-​

Date : 23rd October 2011(Sunday)
Time : 6:00am
A photograph taken from the location

marina bay sands by arkitectural photography, on Flickr​

This is a non-instructional session and I will not tell you how to take your photographs. However, I am more than happy to share with you my approach to photography and the decisions which I will make prior to taking a photograph. My objective is to meet like-minded folks and looking forward to a wonderful morning.

Participants
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

Reserves
1)
2)

As this session will be weather-dependent, I will make an announcement on the morning itself if the session should go ahead or cancelled/postpone due to adverse weather. So do come back here for the latest update. Thank you.

Hi Kit, interested to go. Can PM me your hp? Missed the previous one #8 I think, coz can't contact you all :confused: Thanks.

Participants
1) JohnJon82
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

Reserves
1)
2)

Participants
1) JohnJon82
2) Squid
3)
4)
5)
6)

Reserves
1)
2)

Participants
1) JohnJon82
2) Squid
3) bananah
4)
5)
6)

Reserves
1)
2)

1) JohnJon82
2) Squid
3) bananah
4) stars11
5)
6)

Reserves
1)
2)

2) Squid
3) bananah
4) stars11
5) violinsun
6)

Reserves
1)
2)

Participants
1) JohnJon82
2) Squid
3) bananah
4) stars11
5) violinsun
6)ccc-1985

Reserves
1)
2)

Participants
1) JohnJon82
2) Squid
3) bananah
4) stars11
5) violinsun
6)ccc-1985

Reserves
1) LimTH aka Kenny
2)

Participants
1) JohnJon82
2) Squid
3) bananah
4) stars11
5) violinsun
6)ccc-1985

Reserves
1) LimTH aka Kenny
2) Permacy

Folks!! Just got a message from The Sunchasers. Since they are also thinking of having a Sunday morning session, we will hold a joint session for this coming Sunday morning. As such, I'll increase the size of the group to 15.

Participants
1) JohnJon82
2) Squid
3) bananah
4) stars11
5) violinsun
6) ccc-1985
7) LimTH aka Kenny
8) Permacy
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)

Reserves
1)
2)
3)

Folks!! Just got a message from The Sunchasers. Since they are also thinking of having a Sunday morning session, we will hold a joint session for this coming Sunday morning. As such, I'll increase the size of the group to 15.

Participants
1) JohnJon82
2) Squid
3) bananah
4) stars11
5) violinsun
6) ccc-1985
7) LimTH aka Kenny
8) Permacy
9) Ms Chillicrab
10) Longshu
11) Lucrezia
12)
13)
14)
15)

Reserves
1)
2)
3)

Hope the weather is good! :thumbsup:

LimTH, you added in 3 other persons to the list, am I right?

Hope the weather is good! :thumbsup:

LimTH, you added in 3 other persons to the list, am I right?

Hi ZCA, Yes i added them. Those guys confirmed coming.

For the benefit of folks whom is joing us for the 1st time or do not have prior experience for morning shoot, here's a short write up for you to consider.

Things which are essential

a) Camera and lenses (Remember to charge your batteries)
b) Tripod (This should be sturdy enough to hold your setup as you'll probably be doing a significant amount of long exposures)

Things which are good to have

a) Bubble levellers
b) Remote release (You can make do with the camera's built-in timer release if you don't have this)
c) Small torchlight (iPhone and iPad users can get Flaslight Pro from Apps store)
d) Filters (Polarisers, NDs, etc as you deem fit)

If you are like me who gets hungry after every 2 hours, bring some snacks and drinks. We probably won't be leaving for breakfast(if you are joining us) till about 8:30am or 9:00am. Coke and potato chips work for me. There is a 7-11 at the underground link between Raffles Place MRT and NTUC building, which is 5 mins walk from The Promontory.

We will meet along the stretch of seats facing Marina Bay. Its open so shouldn't be difficult to find each other. I will have an update here on Sunday morning as to whether we can proceed with the session (weather permitting).

Hi Kit,

Can you advise where to park.

Thanks

For the benefit of folks whom is joing us for the 1st time or do not have prior experience for morning shoot, here's a short write up for you to consider.

Things which are essential

a) Camera and lenses (Remember to charge your batteries)
b) Tripod (This should be sturdy enough to hold your setup as you'll probably be doing a significant amount of long exposures)

Things which are good to have

a) Bubble levellers
b) Remote release (You can make do with the camera's built-in timer release if you don't have this)
c) Small torchlight (iPhone and iPad users can get Flaslight Pro from Apps store)
d) Filters (Polarisers, NDs, etc as you deem fit)

If you are like me who gets hungry after every 2 hours, bring some snacks and drinks. We probably won't be leaving for breakfast(if you are joining us) till about 8:30am or 9:00am. Coke and potato chips work for me. There is a 7-11 at the underground link between Raffles Place MRT and NTUC building, which is 5 mins walk from The Promontory.

We will meet along the stretch of seats facing Marina Bay. Its open so shouldn't be difficult to find each other. I will have an update here on Sunday morning as to whether we can proceed with the session (weather permitting).

Permacy said:
Hi Kit,

Can you advise where to park.

Thanks

The nearest carpark is at Marina Bay Link Mall.
Normally I park closer to Promontory but it's kinda "at your own risk" so best I keep quiet :)