Kit

Jan 19, 2002
Upper Bukit Timah
www.arkitecturalphotography.com
architectural + cityscapes photography #13​

Greetings folks!! #13 is here and details as follows:-

Date : 30th August 2014(Saturday)
Time : 6:00am

A photograph taken from the location(Pardon the old photo if you've already seen it before)

merlion park
by arkitectural photography, on Flickr​

ACP was first organised in 2008 for like-minded folks to exchange thoughts and ideas on cityscapes photography informally. While it seems to have dwindled down to an annual affair, participants had branched off to start their very own sessions. I will be meeting a few friends/participants of past ACPs and you are more than welcomes to join us. As the session is weather-dependent, I will make an announcement on the morning itself if the session should go ahead or cancelled/postpone due to adverse weather. So do come back here for the latest update.

As with previous sessions, I'm sharing a list of things to bring along for #13. Some are necessities, some are nice to have.

The necessities...

1) Camera. This can be a compact, rangefinder, SLR, DSLR, medium format, large format, etc. Preferably with Bulb mode for longer exposures.

2) Lenses. A relatively wide angle lens i.e. 18mm to 24mm(in 35mm terms) is recommended. However, you are free to bring any lenses you deem fit.

3) Tripod. You will be taking photos in low light condition so expect long exposures. A sturdy support is important.

4) Filly charged battery(ies). Long exposures will drain battery power.

The nice-to-haves...

1) Spirit leveller. Preferably a dual axis one. The hotshoe mounted ones are nice for levelling your horizons and verticals. Or you can use your camera's built-in electronic leveller if it comes with it. Don't worry if you don't have one. I have a few which I can pass around for you to level up the camera.

2) Wired or wireless remote release. Alternatively, you can use the camera's built-in timer.

3) Torchlight. You will be setting up in a relatively dark environment so that could come in handy.

4) Filters. Polarisers, NDs, etc you may have.

5) Nodal rail. If you have one and plan on doing panoramas.

6) Drinks and munchies. If you are like me, who can't function without eating every 2 hours, consider bringing some snacks and drinks. Potato chips and coke work for me. We usually end the session around 8 to 8:30am and will then go for breakfast.

This is an informal session and I hope everyone will enjoy the company and if you do pick up a trick or 2 in the process, treat it as a bonus.

Participants
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

Reserves
1)
2)

Hi Kit,

Pls add me to the list.
I would like to join in this shoot.

Thanks.

Jack.

Hi Kit,
I'm a beginner in Photography, can I join this shoot?
Please add me in.

Thanks!
Francis

Folks, like I said before, I don't "hand pick" people to attend ACPs. All are free to join regardless of what kind of experience you have. Please add your name to the list if you wish to join us on 30th August. Thanks.

Hi, I am also interested to join... Please add my name

Anyone who wishes to join the shoot, please kindly copy and paste the sign up list and put in your name yourself. Kit is kind enough to take his time to organise a shoot to benefit new shooters. Thanks.

Last edited:

Regards

Andrew

Hi, I am also interested to join... Please add my name

Regards

Andrew

Folks, like I said before, I don't "hand pick" people to attend ACPs. All are free to join regardless of what kind of experience you have. Please add your name to the list if you wish to join us on 30th August. Thanks.

Folks, please add your names to the list yourself if you are joining us.

Anyone who wishes to join the shoot, please kindly copy and paste the sign up list and put in your name yourself. Kit is kind enough to take his time to organise a shoot to benefit new shooters. Thanks.

This must be some kind of a record. Despite being asked a few times to fill up the vacancies yourselves, we still have folks who choose to ignore this simple request. I'm not interested in organising this anymore. #13 is cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.